Hidden Ideas

This is brought to you  by Northstar030. Also I'm changing Incobux's name as well as Whipple's all because their swapped. Enjoy!

                                                       ~SR

I hummed softly to myself as I swept the floors of the small Diner. It was almost closing time, so I didn't have that long to go...

"Fre! You can go!" A neko shouted at me from the kitchen.

"Thank you, CC!" I called back as I threw away the trash. "See you tomorrow!" I called again as I grabbed my stuff. 

"Bye, sweetie pie! Be careful out there!" The red eyed cat hissed at me softly as she continued tiding up her kitchen. 

I giggled gently and nodded, giving a soft hum for her. Her diner was seated in between the dark side of town and the side of town I live on. So I can never blame her worry for me.

I quickly made my way to the bus stop as I lived deep on that side of town. A person sat next to me, holding a map. 

I glanced at them, seeing them focused on the map... Were they new? Maybe they needed help...

"Excuse me, sir." I softly called, my soul fluttering slightly as he turned to me. "Do you need any help?" 

He raised an eyebrow at me. I do look and sound young...

"Are ya sure, home slice? I don't think your parents would like that..." He muttered, still looking confused.

"I'm sixteen, and I know this entire town better than I know how to make my own rainbow chocolate buttercream pie." I pouted lightly, crossing my arms. 

My action and words made the stranger laugh... It was charming... His laughter made me giggle as well.

"Well, where are you trying to go?" I smiled at him.

He cleared his throat and shrugged.

"I'm tryin' to find the library... Yet, no matter what I can't seem to find it..." He grumbled lowly.

I shook my head and giggled. The maps here needed to be updated... I should tell that to the Mayor...

"The library is on my side of town. It's actually not that far away from home! I can show you there if you want." I offered, the bus starting to pull up.

"Sure! I don't wanna be wonderin' 'round at night." He chuckled, making me giggle again. 

"Come on!" I chirped, hopping up the steps of the bus.

"Yer chipper this fine night, laddie!" Called the bus driver who was dressed as a pirate.

I nodded, handing him money for me and the stranger. 

"Well today we sold more pies and I got a hundred on my History test!" I told him as he gave a belly laugh. 

"Well be good mate!" He laughed again, letting me and the new monster pass without any more delay.

"He knew ya?" The inky skeleton questioned.

"Of course! He's always here on the night shifts!" I laughed quietly. "He's a really good man, you should see him when he's not playing pirate." I smiled at the new monster.

"Hehe, he sounds radical, homie." The stranger smiled softly.

"Oh, where are my manners!" I lightly hit my head as I laughed at myself. "I'm Freshy, everyone though just calls me Fresh or Fre." I out stretched my hand.

He laughed softly shaking my hand.

"Jam is the name, being fresh-tastic is my game." He joked, causing me to snort in laughter.