The Purge

"All attention!" A news caster called out, fear deep within their eyes. "All crimes are legal as of now. The government has fallen into a corrupted state. I hope the country can make it..." The person took out a gun, aimed it to their skull and pulled the trigger.

The young adult gapped at it, eyes wide.

Nope! Was all he thought as he dead bolted his door and raced to do the same for the other side. 

He grabbed the plywood he was using to remodel the floor with and hammered them over all of his windows as a momentary way to protect himself.

Quickly, the adult had gathered all the house's weapons, which surprisingly was a lot. He had his long, sharp knifes from the kitchen, two baseball bats from his brothers, a katana(that was surprising as his it was his girlfriend's), and a gun with twenty rounds in it with some six dozen more for ammo.

He took a deep breath as he took one of the smaller knives and hide it in his boot, strapping the gun and some ammo to his hip for easier protection.

Once done with that, he hide the katana in the living room, had a bat in his room, which thankfully was upstairs and had no windows to get in, the other bat in the washroom, and the knives went back to where they were.

Taking a deep breath, he dared to peek outside. Nothing was out of place... No fires, no one was screaming...

Deciding to go out and stock up on some items, the young man pulled on a long coat to hide the gun. Once done, he left the house quickly, making sure to lock the door.

As far as he was sure, everyone was the enemy as of now. Once at the store he saw that barely anyone was there... Maybe they were out getting weapons first...

Shaking off the frightening thought, he hurriedly got in the small market. He grabbed all that he needed for a few months, even some things to make an indoor garden.

The cashier raised an eyebrow at all the items.

"Trying to be ready for the purge?" He asked, his deep magenta eyes stared down into the other males blue and yellow ones.

"Y-yeah..." He muttered, pulling out two hundred dollars.

The cashier took the money, handing a hundred back.

"It only costs ninety-five dollars and sixty cents." The kind man smiled down at the younger, who gave one back.

"Tha-Thank you... Ke-Keep the change..." 

The young adult tried to leave the store with his bags of food and items, but the nice man stopped him by lightly grabbing his arm.

"Hey, what's your name? Mine's Fresh." Fresh gave the younger a sweet smile, a smile that made them blush deeply.

"Pa-Paperjam..." He whispered, it so soft that one would've never heard it if it was a regular day.

With a small pull of his arm, the small, dark skinned adult left the shop. He quickly packed everything in his car and raced home, of course going at the speed limit.

He grabbed as much as he could before dumping it all in the living room before getting the rest. Paperjam had already payed off the car, so he didn't care if someone totaled it. What was more important to him was his life and groceries.

Taking a deep breath, he packed everything where it should go, taking the rest of the stuff down into the basement so he could work on making the indoor greenhouse and fix his personal generator.

For a few hours, he only worked on it, huffing softly. Once those hours passed, he was starting to grow hungry.

Quickly, he went back upstairs and started saving some of his water, knowing that by tomorrow, or in a week, the water would be cut off.

Sighing, he thought of how he could get more water... Well, the water he has now could last him maybe half a year, but the food would've ran out by that point...

Shaking his head, he focused on what he was doing. He had to keep focus if he was going to live through this...

Fresh bit his bottom lip as he slouched on his couch, half naked. He looked up at his cheating girlfriend, who had several bruises forming as a low cut on her stomach.

"You know..." He panted softly, as she rode him, trying to please him. "You'd make for a great trophy..." He grunted, her eyes widening with fear.

Tears filled them as she shook with a sob, yet no sound made it pass the cloth in her mouth.

"Having all those boyfriends and yet you can't make me feel good. What the hell do they see in you." Fresh hissed in anger as he slit her throat.

Sighing, he threw he dead body off him. He didn't care about the bitch, she was cheating on him for years! She deserved much worse than she had gotten... Though...

"Paperjam..." The killer whispered, groaning harshly as he became hard again. All he could think about was the cute little smile on his lips, the soft shine of fear and kindness in them; the innocence that begged to be tainted, the quiet giggle that could've made even the worse demon fall in love with him... It was all too much... "Damn." He moaned out as he took off his shirt. "Should've kept her alive for a little longer."

Shaking his head, he left to use the bathroom. He couldn't leave the house with some slut's blood on him, now could he? Not when he was looking for that angel.