Past

The two skeletons were quietly talking to each other. They were talking about time travel, how they could possibly do it, what they needed, etc.

They were smart enough to make it work. They were skilled enough to do it. They just weren't rich enough to get what they needed.

"You two! Quiet!" Snapped a rather mean teacher.

He hated those two long before they started getting into trouble. He honestly made up many things to write them up, they were lucky that one of the office aids was in their class.

The billionaire that the teacher interrupted looked very unamused by him, so they turned their fierce blue glowing eyes onto the pair.

"Since you two have only been talking to each other," Yes, they had noticed that, but since they weren't disturbing anyone else, they were letting it slide. "Why don't you share with us what you were discussing."

A few classmates snickered, more smirked. Everyone knew how shy the two were, and they also knew that one of them had a bad habit of throwing up ink when nervous or excited.

The two looked at each other, everyone had parted to just focus on them. They had every eye on them, including the brilliant scientists around them.

Suddenly, they both smirked, their fear and nervousness gone. They could do something, they could finally do something!

So, they told everyone, loud and proud what they had been talking about. They told them the equations, the items needed. They went so far to even describe how to build it!

Everyone just stared at them, mouths open, eyes wide. None of their classmates knew what they said, they couldn't even pretend to know what they said! The scientists were surprised to see such bright, youthful beings in such a low class.

"What are your names?" The head scientist stepped forward, his white eyes looking directly at them behind his red wire glasses.

The dark boned one shyly took a step forward, holding their head high.

"I'm Paperjam." He said his name proudly.

Quickly, his friend joined him. They were cutely shorter than the other.

"I'm Ink Rotaerc." He stated his name proudly as well.

The lead scientist nodded. He then motioned for them to follow him.

"Come, you two are not needed here."

The two quickly followed him, their souls pounding in their chests.

The pale skeleton scientist lead them down a series of halls and stairs, all till they entered one of the lower labs. The billionaire had talked about those labs, saying that they'd revolutionize the world.

"Welcome to Lab OZ-3-9-6, or as we call it, the Time Lab." A few near by scientist chuckled at that, working on something.

Paperjam looked around the lab, noticing the many equations. Each one had at least one part of the equation that he and Ink came up with, but the following part of them weren't correct. They either had too much energy, not enough energy, too little surface space for the amount that's there, etc. It was honestly a mess after a certain point.

The two high school students then looked at the equipment. The very equipment they needed to actually make their own time machine.

The monster that brought them down there chuckled, smiling softly.

"You two can do your own project, but Blue will fund you. They're quiet a generous skeleton."

The two quietly nod, now shy.

PaperFresh Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें