Delete It

The music is the inspiration of this chapter! Hope ya like it!

                                                       ~SR

 I yawned as I rubbed my eyes. I had been staring at my computer screen for who knows how long... I had a finals project to finish and I was only three-fourths done...

"I need a break..." I whispered, holding my head in my hands.

"Paperjam! Come downstairs for a snack! I don't want you to strain your eyes!" Mom called up the stairs, light laughter in her voice. 

I rolled my eyes as I stood up to stretch. My bones creaked a bit before cracking into place. 

"Ah..." I moaned out. It felt good after spending hours in a hunched position! 

Grabbing my rainbow glasses, I left my room. The second I stepped out of my quiet corner of heaven, I was met with shouting, laughing and giggling. 

I rolled my eyes at the sound. I was used to it. I quickly traveled down the stairs for the promise of food.

"PJ!" Sprinkle shouted, rushing over to give me a hug. 

In his attempt, he nearly knocked me down, my glasses not having the same luck.

"Nuu! My new pair too..." I pouted, picking up the eyewear. Thankfully they weren't broken.

"Sorry... It's just you've been in that room forever!" The pale violet skeleton smiled at me. 

I giggled at him as Whipple and Bux shouted their greetings. Cray and Desire gave me a calm wave as they went back to having, what I could only guess was, a flirty pun off. Which wasn't uncommon as they were a couple. 

I hopped into the kitchen, looking at all the things I could eat. There was the classic PB&J sandwich, or I could have cheese and crackers! But I wanted something sweet, so I grabbed a small handful of cookies and went back to the living room.

"Jam! I told you not to have too much sweets." Mom scolded me, huffing lightly as she shook her head. (Ink's gender will forever change... I'm so sorry, Inky...)

I stuck out all of my tongues, giving a threatening glare. She glared back. 

"You wouldn't dare." The white skeleton hissed, as she took a step forward. 

I instantly licked all of the cookies, having a cheeky smile on my face. Mom face-palmed as Dad laughed his glitched, stuttering laughter. 

"Don't encourage him, Error!" Mom hissed, going over to Dad.

I rolled my eyes as I walked over to the couch and sat down. I quickly ate the sweets, but allowed myself to sink into the soft cushions. They were much better than that stupid office chair in my room.

"Yo, Paper! Wanna head to the park?" Cray asked, fixing his scarf and grabbing his wallet. 

"Hm... Let me save my work, then yeah... I need to get out of here." I told him, getting up. 

I rushed upstairs and did as I said I would. I pulled on my own scarf and fixed my shoes. 

"Paper! Come on, buddy ol' pal!" The friendly parasite laughed out. 

I laughed too, finally closing the door to my room and locking it. Incobux has a history of pranking anyone and everyone out of the blue, so I keep my bedroom locked. 

"Alright, lets go!" I called out, rushing to them.

For the rest of the day, we basically chased each other and ate some Nice Cream. It was relaxing and very inspiring to say the least.