Bounded

Warning! Lemon ahead, so expect some cringe as usual! Also ending might be bad! Bye!

                                                   ~SR

 I looked around the abandon city, toys and bags thrown about without care as trampled bodies were thankfully few and far.

No one really knew why the whole city just decided to completely evacuate and leave, but there were rumors of some really mentally derange person going around using magic to slaughter people.

Yeah, I don't believe that one bit. Though there was evidence to suggest that the city's mental asylum had been overran by the deranged patients.

Now, for normal cities and towns, this really wouldn't be a big issue, just get the police and SWAT and things are all good! However, this city took pride and joy in being proclaimed as the largest holder of the mental deranged and unstable. So, if the mental asylum became overrun, then it would've been best to just abandon the city and block the suckers off.

Yet, after maybe a few months, the south edge of the wall collapsed because of faulty engineering, making the rest of the country become a bit nervous. Though, no body ever left the enclosed city, in fact there weren't any heat signatures... But, that doesn't rule out water elements nor skeleton monsters as our heat signatures are harder to detect amongst other things.

So, I was sent out here to see what was out here, to actually see if all the insane bastards really were dead or they were just undetectable.

I huffed as I looked up at the mansion sized mental asylum. The place gave me an uneasy feeling, but I had to go in there... There could be someone inside the rotten place.

Taking a deep breath in, I hurriedly walked in. Instantly, I regretted it.

The floors and walls were covered in dry blood, body parts of both patients and workers thrown around... The smell of rotting flesh and blood still hanging in the air. The really sick thing was, some of the bodies had large chucks of meat missing around the bone... Bite marks on them...

Gulping, I went down one of the hallways, my flashlight out and shining through the dusty darkness.

I made the mistake of looking into one patient's room... Their body was ripped apart, their insides spilling from a heap of bones bent in ways they shouldn't, chunks of their body missing just like most of the other bodies.

After that, I tried to avoid the patient rooms...

Maybe some hours later, near nightfall, I started to hear something... Singing?

I strained my ears to try and pick out the sound, but I was too far away to really hear anything, but a low humming sound.

Steeling my nerves, I walked towards the noise. The voice was getting louder and louder, and I couldn't help but to admire the singer's voice, it was just so lovely... The song itself was a bit haunting, though I guess one could over look a factor at the sound of the singer's voice.

Soon, I was stopped by a heavy metal door that had bits of flesh and blood on the bottom, a red and white label on the doors were what made me feel that nervous rush again.

WARNING: DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT EMPLYEE SUPERVISION!

I gulped lightly as I shook that from my head. Maybe they weren't as dangerous as I was thinking...

Taking the gamble, I pushed onward.

The hallway was almost pitch black, with very few rays of sunlight coming in from the wide open containment cells that once housed the more dangerous patients. What I could be thankful for was that there weren't any bodies in those rooms.