2

Now, an alpha having scented an omega in heat tips them off and could even trigger their ruts to start early. It goes the same way for omegas, being around alphas in rut or even fellow omegas in heat ticks them off too.

So as Namjoon was at home, his wire-rimmed glasses perched finely on the tip of his nose and a good fucking book in his hand, laid in a relaxed and comfortable position while lounging in his professional, expensive-looking grey-striped pyjamas, he felt a wave of sudden arousal and he sat up when he felt little knots of pain in his lower region.

His little brother was currently typing away at a laptop in the kitchen, his cute, soft eyes round and staring innocently at some dance practice videos with interest when he saw Namjoon stumble into the kitchen, reeking of his scent that smelled of sharp, icy mint. It stung Jungkook's nostrils and he looked up in shock as his usually so calm and collected older brother searched the cabinets desperately for pills.

"J-Joon hyung?" Jungkook asked, watching as Namjoon's face contorted into pain and he collapsed onto the countertop, an aggravated expression on his face. Jungkook never witnessed his brother going through a rut, and Jungkook tended to think maybe his older brother didn't even have a rut because of his cool manners and sophisticated aura. "D-do you ne-need the pills? I have toys in my bag if you need them..." His face flushed a little but it was true. Jungkook had always carried around a bit explicit toys in his bags just in case, but he didn't like using pills as long-term effects were never very pleasant.

Namjoon sucked in a breath and shook his head. "No, I'm okay," His eyes were glowing a dark red and Jungkook stood to help his brother into his bedroom. "Don't come in...cancel your plans with your omega friends..."

"B-but Jimin needed help on math—!"

"I said cancel!" Namjoon roared and Jungkook flinched. Namjoon took a deep breath and sighed, panting heavily as Jungkook twiddled with his fingers and shrugged, twitching a little. Jungkook always moved around a lot when he was nervous, and Namjoon felt a twinge of guilt. He knew how fragile Jungkook was. "I am not at my best...-during my rut...now cancel...please."

And the door slammed shut in his face.

-

"How come you didn't know it was going to happen?"

Taehyung rolled over on his side as the pain in his belly subsided, his friend's soft hands still massaging firmly
down into his stomach. His doctor friend, Seokjin, had always helped him through his heats using more clean and natural tactics, and as embarrassing as it was, running home crying and in a mess in front of his alpha friend about his heat, who immediately thanked Jimin and began tending to him, Taehyung had to admit it was incredibly relaxing and comfortable.

Jimin lounged quietly on Taehyung's desk chair, swinging his legs back and forth. "Yeah, don't you usually go through this around the end of the month?" He cocked his head to the side. "Man, you're probably gonna make me go through mine in a couple of days..."

Taehyung jerked a little as Seokjin accidentally pressed down a bit hard on his abdominal muscle. "Sorry," the alpha muttered, "but it's true. Hoseok just helped me through my own rut and well, he's my mate and he won't be happy to know he has to help me a second time this month."

Taehyung flushed and looked away. "Well...I can't really control it...I don't even know why I started..." His now-golden eyes rolled back to his head with pleasure as Seokjin began to massage his lower abdomen. "A-ah, that's good..."

Jimin stifled back a fit of laughter. "Seriously, Jin, how do you handle this all day? This is like, total sexual tension."

The elder looked up, puzzled. "Where is there tension in the first place? I'm a mated alpha, his scent and actions don't arouse me."

Jimin rolled his eyes and sighed. "So, is Taehyung gonna be okay?"

"Yes, I mean, I'd hope so." Seokjin rummaged through his bag and pulled out a couple of tea bags, weaved through with some weird white-looking strands. "Drink these throughout the week. They'll diminish pain and scent and it's natural, so it won't harm your body. If it's too bitter add one teaspoon of sugar, too much isn't good."

Taehyung nodded, eyes round as the alpha set the bags onto Taehyung's bed. "I have to get going now. If the pain gets too much just massage the soft area right between your ribs, it should help cramps."

Taehyung sighed and laid back against his pillows as Jimin followed after the alpha. "Get some rest, Tae!"

Taehyung simply mumbled an incoherent reply. "I'll try."