24

"You look awful. Should I have sent you on that trip to the market?"

Taehyung hugged Jooyeon shook his head, and placed him on his lap, the pup currently licking an icecream bar happily while bouncing on Taehyung lightly, giggling and dripping the sticky fruity substance all over Taehyung's jeans and shirt. Namjoon growled at this and stared at Jooyeon, whose eyes widened and he stopped laughing, staring with a frightened expression at Namjoon.

"Didn't your dumbass mother ever teach you manners, pup?" Namjoon snapped. "You're making a mess."

"Namjoon," Taehyung started, but Jooyeon cut him off.

"Um, I thought my mommy was taetae." Jooyeon looked down at his red sneakers and sniffled. "My old mommy said that you were my real daddy, and I saw you and taetae kissing in Daddy's work place so I thought Taehyung was my mommy." He held Taehyung's hand in his own small sticky ones and looked up with misty eyes. "I...I'm not being sent away anywhere, r-right, M-Mommy?"

Taehyung bit his lip. Did the pup really grow an attachment to him already? "Of course not, baby." Taehyung leaned down and kissed Jooyeon's cheek gently, grabbing a tissue and wiping Jooyeon's lips off. "Now hurry up and finish that icecream, we'll wash your hands in the bathroom, okay?"

Jooyeon glanced warily at Namjoon. "I-I don't think my new Daddy likes me." He said in a mumbly voice. "But I really like him." Jooyeon's eyes turned teary and he snuggled back against Taehyung, eating his icecream sadly. "An' I like my new mommy too..."

Taehyung stared down at the pup affectionatelly and tucked a strand of loose hair behind his ears, kissing the top of his head. "All in due time, young one." He said with a smile. He looked up at Namjoon, expecting to see the alpha looking apologetic or sorrowful, maybe even a little regretful but Namjoon was just facing the other direction now. Taehyung frowned, sighing, when an idea popped into his head and he stared down at Jooyeon and giggled. "Hey, Jooyeon, how about we go get Daddy a pretty flower?"

-

Taehyung had a bouquet of red tulips in one hand and Jooyeon holding his in another. The pup had his own tulip in his own hand, a yellow one, and Jooyeon giggled. "Do you think Daddy will like me if I give him dis and say sowey for making him mad all the time?"

Taehyung pressed the door to the elevator and nodded. "Yes, I'm sure your Daddy loves pretty flowers. Do you like that color, Jooyeon?"

"Yes." Jooyeon sniffed his flower.

"Good, then your Daddy must like it, too."

Taehyung opened the door to Namjoon's room and hid his smile behind his hand when he saw Namjoon still sulking, not even glancing up as the two entered. "Joonie," Taehyung sang softly, and Namjoon growled. "We got you something. And Jooyeon would like to say something."

Namjoon grunted.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and scoffed. "What, are you constipated or something? Turn around and be nice to your son for once."

Namjoon grunted again, snarling.

"Go take a shi--poo then." Taehyung muttered, sitting down and holding the tulips out in front of him. "Constipated idiot."

Jooyeon frowned. "What does constipated mean?"

"Means you can't poop because you ate too much salt and you're salty all the time." Taehyung said in a baby voice, talking to Jooyeon as if it was very important. "Your Daddy here had so many chips that--"

"OKay, what do you want to show me?" Namjoon snapped, turning around. His eyes widened and Jooyeon smiled widely, hope gleaming in his eyes that he would be able to earn his father's affection from the small gift, outstretching the tulip in his hand and softly, shyly mumbling:

"Uhm, I'm really s-sowey fow ma-making you angry all the time." Jooyeon stretched his arm out more and went on his tip toes. "I hope you can lobe me like my new Mommy does, an' eat lots of ice cream like a real family! And I can write in my journwal at school about you now and how cool you are. I love you, Daddy, so pwease take dis pretty yewwow flower and--"

"GET THAT FUCKING THING AWAY FROM ME!"

A small gasp left Jooyeon's lips, a loud smack and Taehyung leaped forward to catch Jooyeon, his eyes outstretching at Namjoon's reaction. The flower flew from his hands and Taehyung was speechless, covering Jooyeon with his body and placing a hand on the growing red hand print on Jooyeon's cheek, along with the now three bleeding scratches. A small sob left Jooeyon's chest and he began to wail.

Namjoon's eyes were wild, afraid as the yellow tulip fell to the floor. He shook violently and gripped the sheets, breathing at a rapid pace. As if hyperventilating, Namjoon began to breath deeply in and out, whimpering, shaking his head and mumbling something incoherent. The machine beside them began to beep rapidly, at an unsteady rate and Namjoon fell back onto the pillows, convulsing. Instantly, a nurse darted into the room and stared around for a moment before joined by a couple more doctors. Taehyung and Jooyeon were ushered out and Taehyung turned Jooyeon over blankly, not saying a word as he stared at the deep gashes in the poor pup's cheeks. Fat tears rolled down his face and snot ran down his nose, his eyes sparkling sadly and he bit his lip hard. "D-Daddy hates me, right? No one loves me...everyone hates me..."

Taehyung bit his cheek and gently wiped his tears away, hugging the baby. "No, Jooyeon. Your daddy...is very sick right now. Let's go get that patched up and go home. I think we've stayed at the hospital for long enough."