3

When Jimin arrived at Jungkook's front door, heart palpitating with excitement at the prospect of the dashing but shy alpha tutoring him for math, he looked down at his phone briefly checking the time and knocked. He hoped Namjoon wasn't home, as his boss was extremely an agitating alpha unlike Jungkook who was just so sweet and gentle with everyone.

"H-hello?"

Jimin looked up at the timid voice and his heart skipped a beat as Jungkook poked his head out. "Oh, Jimin!"

"Hi, Jungkook," Jimin breathed, cheeks flushing immediately upon the alpha's quick entrance. "I'm ready for the tutoring session." He smiled widely, expecting Jungkook to swing open the door and seat him down to a cup of tea but suddenly Jungkook's expression softened.

"S-sorry..." Jimin's heart dropped as Jungkook looked apologetic and shifted his gaze. "My h-hyungs in his rut right now and he's a pretty scary guy when he's going through it... He said he doesn't want an omega to be around, just in case...y'know..."

Jimin laughed nervously. "Oh, that's fine. We could go down to the cafe down the block there?" He asked, hope shining in his soft brown eyes but Jungkook shook his head. Jimin bit back the lump in his throat and laughed awkwardly again before shuffling back, the textbooks in his arms suddenly feeling heavy. "Oh, I see. Well...tha-thanks anyways."

Jungkook smiled shyly and shut the door without even saying goodbye.

Jimin had never felt so rejected in his life.

-

A couple of days had passed before Taehyung stumbled through the exquisitely decorated doors of his workplace, face flushed from the run to the shop. He met Jimin at the front, staring sadly down at a clipboard. But before Taehyung could speak to the sad-looking omega, saw Namjoon walk casually towards Taehyung, smirking.

"Late again, I see?" Namjoon's eyes were unforgiving as they met Taehyung's, and the omega felt his chest turn tight. "My office. Now."

Swallowing hard, he turned towards Jimin for some sort of usual bubbly supportive words, but the pink-haired male had sadly stared down at his clipboards. Sucking in a sharp breath, Taehyung ran a hand through his lilac hair and followed the alpha's strong, minty scent nervously. As he entered the alpha's office, the door slammed shut and Taehyung was shoved into a chair. Squeaking in surprise, he flailed as Namjoon seated himself down in front of his desk.

"You're late almost every week, Taehyung. I can't have that." Namjoon began, his eyes dark.

"Y-you see, I was actually on my h-heat this week—"

"Quiet!" Namjoon snarled and Taehyung flinched back, cowering in his seat as the alpha induced powerful pheromones that caused Taehyung to squeeze his thighs together in fear and bow his head. "If you're late more than all of the other staff that are omegas," he snarled, lip curling, "then that says something about your work ethic, doesn't it?"

Taehyung bit his lip, quivering in fear as Namjoon leaned forward, an icy scent piercing the air. His own fear-scent laced with berries filled the air, and the omega squeezed his eyes shut. "I-I'm sorry, boss, it won't happen again..."

Namjoon snorted, but he leaned back and crossed his arms, staring hard at him. "Are you really sorry, though? You seem to have a rather sarcastic personality...for an omega, you're brave to talk back."

Taehyung squeezed his hands up into little fists on the table and flinched when Namjoon growled threateningly. "Your little act of being irresponsible and not calling off on your heat last week sent me into an unexpected rut." Taehyung's eyes widened as the alpha bared his teeth at him. "Don't you feel the need to apologize? I had a hard time getting between work and personal needs getting taken care of."

"I'm s-sorry—!"

"No, actually, don't apologize." Namjoon sighed tiredly and rolled his eyes. "Get back to work, but if you call another day of work off, I won't be happy. Now get out!"

Taehyung immediately stood and ran out of the office, stinking of mint, and ran straight into a similarly built chest. Namjoon's brother.

"Oh, hello," Jungkook mumbled quietly. His nose twitched and Taehyung flushed when Jungkook stared curiously down at him. "Are you the omega my brother keeps talking about? You smell like he marked you."

Taehyung squeaked. "N-no, not at all! He was just angry, and I guess some of...his s-scent..."

Jungkook shrugged. "Oh, yeah. He's pretty crabby right now...well, you better get back to work. Have fun!"

Taehyung nodded dumbly, walking past the alpha and sitting next to the ever so blank-looking Jimin quietly.

If only Taehyung could have fun at work.

-

"Hyung, you smell."

Namjoon was laying face down onto his desk, seething as Jungkook fiddled with a pen from off his desk. The younger alpha had come into his brother's office for support, realizing just how antsy Namjoon gets after a heated rut like last week's. The stench of strong mint was incredibly strong and Jungkook felt a little intimidated; although the icy scent fit Namjoon's cold demeanor perfectly.

"Do I?" Namjoon muttered, looking up with a tight smile at his shy younger brother carefully. He kicked back and tipped his head back, groaning. "I'm so fucking horny. I fucking hate ruts, especially if there's no fucking pills to eat throughout it..." The blonde ruffled his hair and breathed loudly through his mouth, tired of the constant scent of omegas filling his nostrils and causing the alpha to grow stiff and uncomfortable. Especially Taehyung...the damn pureblood had the most beautiful scent, and a pretty body, slender hips and broadened shoulders that just made Namjoon grow mixed feelings.

Jungkook's cheeks turned pink at the shameless comments from his older brother and Jungkook set the pen in his hand down. "I heard using toys help, hyung...You could've used mine, I told you I had it."

Namjoon scoffed, head still tilted back. "Yeah, whatever. How's your relationship with that, ah, Jimin boy? He looked depressed this morning, you sure that kid doesn't have feelings for you?"

Jungkook looked down at the floor shamefully. "I-I don't
know...I cancelled with him last week but I'm meeting up with him tonight, so hopefully I'll be able to make it up to him."

The blonde sat up and smirked. "Is my baby brother finally growing into a man?"

The younger alpha turned pink, his dark brown hair falling in front of his face in surprise. "N-not like that! I'm making up the tutoring session I cancelled!" Jungkook spluttered. "Jim-Jimin-hyung is too innocent a-and nice to even think about that kinda stuff!"

Namjoon raised an eyebrow but he didn't question it. "You better be careful...isn't your rut due in a couple of days?"

He nodded shamefully.

"Well then...just hope it isn't tonight."