42

"What? That's insane!"

Taehyung looked at Jimin's extremely detailed painting that he had drawn in art and stared at it in awe. "Damn, Jimin, you have talent! You're definitely gonna win first place if you sign up for the competition!"

Jimin laughed and nodded. "I appreciate your support, boo." He winked and tucked the painting down onto the bench, picking up their trash.

"Mm, I think it's about time I picked up Jooyeon." Taehyung sighed, rubbing his eyes. "And then, tomorrow, we'll meet up at the ramen shop with Jungkook and Jiheun to finish that math project."

Jimin packed his stuff and nodded, getting up to follow Taehyung. "Oh, speaking of ramen, what even happened last night?" Jimin frowned. "Jungkook didn't tell me anything and sent me home." A bit of hurt sounded in his voice and the omega shifted uncomfortably as he waited for Jooyeon to be released from the daycare. "He wasn't here today, either."

Taehyung shrugged. "It's complicated...I'd rather keep it personal in case Namjoon wants it a secret, y'know? But he's getting better." He looked up when he heard Jooyeon's familiar voice, the lisp still there. His fangs were apparently longer than most alpha pups, according to Seokjin, but he'd get used to it later.

For now, he'd just have that adorable lisp that Taehyung found extremely adorable.

"Yeah, I guess I get it." Jimin said quietly.

"Mama! Uncle Jimin!"

Both omegas stared as Jooyeon stumbled out of the daycare doors, smiling, but it dropped and Taehyung yelped.

"J-Jooyeon, is that—what happened to your hand?!" Taehyung squeaked, staring at Jooyeon's tightly bandaged hand covered in gauze. Mrs. Lee came out quietly, her gaze troubled. Taehyung felt a spark of guilt and looked down shamefully. I bet Jooyeon's a difficult pup to take care of. It's my duty to teach him but...Jooyeon's stubborn.

"He got into another fight with another alpha pup." Mrs. Lee said with a shake of her head. "You can't even compare Jooyeon's wounds to what he did to Jaebum, the poor pup looked like he had been nearly murdered." She looked a bit hesitant and clasped Taehyung's shoulder. "M-maybe you should consider anger management for your pup."

Taehyung gulped. Jooyeon? Nearly murdering a pup? That didn't sound like him at all.

"Yes, I-I'll see to it. I'm sorry, I'll make sure I talk to him about it." Taehyung picked up Jooyeon and bowed curtly, walking away while Jimin tagged along.

"Kim Jooyeon you are in big trouble." Taehyung hissed, and Jimin couldn't take Taehyung seriously even though the omega looked so determined. "Did you fight with your classmates again?!"

Jooyeon's eyebrows furrowed. "No, I didn't!"

"Then why is your teacher telling me that you keep hurting other kids?" Taehyung snapped and Jooyeon's fists balled up, his cheeks puffing up angrily. "Don't you dare give me that look." Taehyung growled and the pup continued to stare daggers into Taehyung. "Jooyeon!"

But to Taehyung's surprise, instead of breaking into tears like Jooyeon normally did, he lashed out and punched Taehyung's shoulder. His pup's eyes were a glowing red and the pup huffed, spinning around and Taehyung gaped. Jimin was at a loss for words, staring at Taehyung.

"D-did he just—?" Jimin was cut off when a loud growl erupted from Taehyung's throat, and as if some omega instincts that he hadn't had before kicked in, Taehyung harshly grabbed Jooyeon and sat him down in front of him. I am so fucking lucky it's prep right now, Taehyung noted mentally, as there were no students to witness Taehyung scolding his pup.