77

guys joon and kook's parents r rlly sweet they're just extremely overprotective over joon oof ;;

-

"He takes a lot after Namjoon, don't you think?"

It was late at night. Everyone was sleeping in their respective rooms, with Taehyung's occasional heat scent drifting through the doorway and the shuffling of bedsheets. Mr. and Mrs. Kim were watching Jooyeon fall asleep in the living room, because the pup had been stubborn and hadn't went into Jungkook's room to sleep and ended up dozing off on the couch.

"He really looks like him when he was younger," Mr. Kim said softly, thumbing Jooyeon's cheek. The pup shuffled a little over to the side and snored softly. "Ah. If Namjoon just told us..."

"I don't trust his new mate." Mrs. Kim shook her head. "What kind of person would marry an alpha with a pup and a history of abuse? It doesn't make sense to me."

"Why not? I'm rather fond of the kid. He seems to take care of our son well." Mr. Kim said.

Mrs. Kim shook her head again and stood, trudging to her room. "It makes me uneasy."

-

Taehyung puffed out a breath, cuddling into Namjoon's chest with a desperate mewl. Namjoon pressed his nose into Taehyung's mark and shifted in the dark, allowing Taehyung to swing his leg over his waist, humming. Taehyung panted, whining quietly.

"What's wrong, love?" Namjoon murmured, playing with his hair. Taehyung squirmed and breathed in Namjoon's scent, the creamy minty scent filling his nostrils. The omega shifted around and curled his tiny hands into Namjoon's chest, and the alpha allowed Taehyung to snuggle and rub himself against him, scent marking.

"Tummy hurts," responded Taehyung quietly, a cramp attacking his lower belly and making him feel miserable. "Need to go to bathroom."

Namjoon nudged him out of bed. "Then go, baby, you don't need to ask for permission."

So Taehyung went to go relieve himself, and Namjoon flipped on the lamp and waited. Taehyung would obviously take a while, and so Namjoon ran his fingers along the bookshelves, dust collecting on the padded tips and he sighed, looking at pictures and humming softly to an old song.

"Namjoon?"

Namjoon turned and saw his mother, holding a sleepy Jooyeon in her arms, and laid the pup on the bed. Jooyeon instantly rolled over to Taehyung's side, curling up into a tiny ball and sleeping.

"Sweetheart, let's talk." She said quietly, sitting on Namjoon's old desk chair and placing her hands on her lap. Namjoon swallowed thickly, looking down and nodding. "I...I don't trust this new mate of yours."

"Mom, I already told you," started Namjoon a little angrily.

"Think about it." She interrupted. "I'm doing this because I love you but...what sane omega would risk their happiness to look after an alpha with a pup that didn't even come from their own womb?"

Namjoon looked away. "He is happy."

"Do you know that?" She looked concerned. "What if he's lying? Faking it? Pities you too much to leave, too afraid to speak up? You're harsh with the poor boy, demanding from him with that alpha tone of yours." She shook her head and looked down. "And the pup...I, I don't feel like there's healthy strings in this relationship."

"Mom, I love him." Namjoon said a lot quieter.

"The pup that you refused to look after until he came along?" She said. "You were going to put him up for adoption, weren't you? Because he reminded you of her. And she hurt you. I'm scared that this new mate of yours will do the same, he's...he's too nice, and smiles too much. I don't believe any of it, Namjoon, please just leave him."

Namjoon shook. "Mom—"

"It'd be better for you to not be in a relationship." She said finally. "I don't approve of this relationship." She was firm.

"Honey, are you still blabbering on about your doubts?" Namjoon looked up when he heard his father's voice. "Look, I told you, the kid's fine. You're just worrying too much, Taehyung's probably a great mate."

"He's everything to me," Namjoon whispered, but he was ignored.

"He might not be, you wouldn't know." She retorted and Namjoon felt dizzy.

"Oh, please. Do you think some kind of omega would risk their 'happiness' to stay with an alpha like Namjoon for this long? If he doesn't love Namjoon he would've left by now."

"Dad—?"

"It's obvious that he doesn't like our son!"

"Mom—!"

"You don't know that!"

"And you don't know if he loves him or not! You're being reckless!"

"You're being paranoid!"

"I c-can't brea-breathe—!"

Namjoon collapsed to the floor, clutching his neck, gasping. "Namjoon!" His mother shrieked, darting over and holding her son to her breasts. "Namjoon, oh my God, what's wrong with him? Namjoon! Namjoon, wake up!"

"Joonie?"

Taehyung stood by the door, his pyjamas hanging loosely from his waist and his eyes widened. "Oh—what happened?!" He ran over and crouched, holding his mate's hand in panic.

Namjoon's mother snapped. "Stay away!" She yanked Namjoon's hand out of Taehyung's, and the omega jerked back, hurt. She seethed, patting her son's cheek in fear, and Taehyung gulped, stepping back tentatively, even though his instincts roared at him to tend to his alpha.

"Honey, let Taehyung help!"

"No!"

Taehyung jolted when he was pushed forward, and Taehyung was suddenly pulled into a hard grip and was squeezed to death in Namjoon's grip. How he made it to Namjoon's chest he didn't know, and why Namjoon was suddenly conscious he didn't know either, but suddenly his mate was whispering in his ear, sobbing, and there was screaming behind him from Namjoon's parents and Taehyung felt a little shiver of fear.

"Oh, God," Namjoon whispered, clutching him. "Fuck, baby, don't ever leave me please please please. You love me, right? You love me, right? Right? Taehyung. You love me, don't you?"

Taehyung nodded aggressively. "Of course I do, Joonie, why would you ask that?"

Namjoon shook his head. "Just making sure."

Taehyung sighed. "Why do you keep fainting?!" He looked mortified. "You're scaring me."

Namjoon blinked and kissed him softly. "I...I just get nervous when I think people are leaving me." He gently buried his face into Taehyung's neck and felt his mother shake his shoulder. "Mom..."

"Namjoon," she sounded exhausted, "we'll talk about this."

"There's nothing to talk about." He heard his father snap, and dragged his wife out, grumbling to each other like the old married couple they were. Taehyung sniffled and pouted, looking down at his mismatched socks.

"I don't think your parents like me." Taehyung said sadly.

"No, no they do." Namjoon said, kissing him. "They're just scared for me. Trust me..."

Taehyung frowned. "No..." He trailed off and shyly closed one eye when Namjoon started kissing his neck. "J-Joon...Jooyeon's sleeping..."

Namjoon hoisted his legs above his waist and kissed him deeper, taking a hand and palming his crotch. "Well then. Let's do it in the bathroom, yeah?" He picked Taehyung up, and the omega panted, his eyes a dark gold. His heat scent filled the air and slick oozed out from his panties, and Namjoon groaned and slapped both cheeks. Taehyung squeaked and took one of Namjoon's hands and put it in between his lips, sighing.

Namjoon smirked, tugged down his panties and slowly slid himself in with no condom, shocking Taehyung.

"I'll pull out." Namjoon promised with a wink, and began thrusting.

-

btw, namjoon and jk's parents are both omegas UwU