4

Namjoon considered himself a man of philosophy and high self-control. With many high held beliefs, he was a man of high ego and pride, considering that he had had to live his entire life as an alpha, he couldn't risk letting his dick control his mind when it came to tempting omegas or betas.

But as he walked around his restaurant as normal, studying the way everything progressed so smoothly and well, a small proud smile on his lips, his hands behind his back in a polite and clean manner, he spotted a certain omega seating two alpha customers.

"Would you like anything to drink?" Taehyung's smooth, soft voice was heard and Namjoon found himself standing a couple of feet away, but instead of responding, Namjoon continued watching as the young, obviously immature boys 'dropped' their menu, causing Taehyung to spin around, bend over and pick it up. The round, plumpness of his ass exemplified by the tight hostess outfit, turned and basically shoved into the faces of the alphas, caused the teenage boys to whistle, and Taehyung immediately stood, his cheeks flushing.

"S-sorry about that," Taehyung mumbled, setting the menus down. "A-anything to drink?"

"I dunno, maybe something sweet. Like you." One of the boys smirked up at Taehyung and the omega, obviously flustered, turned brighter red and laughed awkwardly.

"W-we have various soft drinks...apple, orange and pi-pineapple juice, lemonade...u-um, sir, w-what are you doing?"

Namjoon clenched up his fists at the sight. Taehyung was continually being backed up against the wall, and for fuck's sake the dumb omega had seated the two boys in a private section. How many times this boy had mistakes seating people he didn't know, but he was especially infuriated as he heard the younger alpha whisper softly into Taehyung's ear, "God, you smell so sweet. Tell me, pretty little thing, were you on your heat recently? You smell like fresh sweet berries..."

Taehyung squeaked and shook his head although the guess was true. "N-no! Could you please s-stop touching me like that—?"

"Is there a problem here?"

Namjoon had his arms crossed. He didn't know when he had moved in front of the scene, but apparently he was here. His gaze dark red, unenthusiastic, staring right back at Taehyung as the younger's cheeks flushed and the omega looked away in embarrassment. "I'm afraid that our hosts and waiters are not on the menu." Namjoon pulled Taehyung firmly away and pulled the omega towards him, resulting in the omega stumbling and smashing face-first onto Namjoon's broadened chest. "But is there anything you'd like to drink? Order? I am the restaurant's executive chef and the owner, so please ask any questions if necessary." He plastered a tight smile on his lips. "Anything?"

The two young alphas looked confused, but both shook their heads a bit nervously. Everyone knew not to mess with older alphas: their tendency to become very overprotective and intimidating when they get angry was enough to make any alpha cower a little bit. "Just two waters, please."

"Perfect. I'll get someone to get that for you." Namjoon bowed his head, took one last look at Taehyung and began to drag him towards his office.

-

It was evident that Namjoon was angry.

Here they were again in the office, with Taehyung fidgeting nervously, the scent of mint and berries clashing together so nerve-wrenchingly that Taehyung was the first to break the silence. His hands were clammy and he absolutely despised the scent of an angry alpha: it brought nothing but stress and trouble.

"I'm s-sorry, boss." Taehyung murmured, and he flinched when Namjoon's sharp gaze was turned to him. "A-after
my heats I'm not the...best person, if you know what...t-that means..." His voice grew small as Namjoon leaned forwards, lip curled. The alpha looked infuriated, his forehead creased, an angry and frightening look on his face that caused something to leak out of Taehyung's clenched hole and his thighs to squeeze together. Berries perfumed the air and Namjoon growled lowly.

"You're an idiot." Namjoon started. His voice was cool, but you could sense the impatience behind the steely voice. "How many times have I told you, keep your omega instincts to yourself? I don't care if some alphas are good-looking: if some scandal breaks out over my control over the workers, then my restaurant will run with a bad reputation! And I can't have that, heat or rut or whatever."

Taehyung looked down at his hands. "I-it's harder to control than you think! When alphas use their...scent to get to me, I-I can't control it..." his eyes teared up and without thinking he began to cry uncontrollably. It was all too much: the scolding, the near-harassment, the scents of angry and aroused alphas clogging his nostrils: his brain didn't know what to think and his poor, fragile omega heart was just a little too sensitive for Namjoon's harsh anticts. "I'm r-real sorr-sorry, a-alpha..."

At the word, Namjoon pricked up and growled. "I told you to call me boss, not alpha."

"S-sorry," Taehyung whimpered, wiping his eyes and nose. "P-please don't f-fire m-me..."

Namjoon clenched and unclenched his fists. His eyes glowed red briefly before he reached his arm out to clasp Taehyung's, lifting the boy's wrist up to his nose and sniffing the scent gland deeply. Taehyung hitched and whimpered softly, closing his eyes. Eventually, the omega stopped sniffling and Namjoon pulled away. It was common knowledge for most to know that the glands in their wrists were a good pressure point to calm a frantic omega, beta or even an alpha's nerves. Namjoon did this excersise often with Jungkook, with the boy having such sensitive nerves.

"Are you calm?" Namjoon murmured, his eyes still blazing but his voice cool and steady enough to make Taehyung set his chin on the counter and slow to sudden hiccups and shuddering breaths. "Do you need anything?"

Taehyung shook his head slowly. "I-I'm tired..." the omega whimpered. "Can I sleep?"

The younger's words were slurred, as if he were already drifting off to sleep, and usually otherwise he would've probably smacked him on the shoulder and told him to get up and walk home, but the omega's soft, baby-like actions reminded him so much of Jungkook that he awkwardly, with a small blush, patted Taehyung's soft lilac hair and stood, running a hand through his brown locks. "Yeah." Namjoon muttered. "Sure, whatever."

He didn't spot the small, amused smile on Taehyung's face as he left.