124

Jooyeon was not the same sweet pup he was before.

He was a lot more angry, bitter, and snappy than he was as a child.

And it was common. Many alpha pups experience angry and violent emotions during the process of growing up, however, Jooyeon's reasons were different.

He had met his biological mother at a restaurant after school when he was out with his friends, and, it had been an awkward situation, but he ended up passing out. His friends freaked, called the police and ambulance, and Jooyeon had been bed-ridden for days, worrying his parents to no end. But Jooyeon had demanded the story of his life, as he could remember nothing but being beat by that horrendous lady.

He ended up throwing a huge tantrum and running away from home. He sneaked into his friend's house and stayed there for weeks, and Taehyung was horrified that he had lost Jooyeon for good. When the young pup came back, Taehyung hadn't stopped bothering him about everything. Asking if he had any issues at school, if he was hungry, if he wanted a snack, if he was cleaning his room, doing his homework, doing well in school, and Jooyeon had shouted at him to stop.

He felt guilty, obviously, for yelling at Taehyung. It wasn't his fault that Jooyeon's life was so twisted and broken, but he didn't have anyone else to take it out on. The omega's eyes had filled up with so much pain and hurt that Jooyeon had no choice but to slam himself shut in his room, curling up under his star-patterned bedsheets and bawling his eyes out before, in his anger, he tore his Ryan plushie to shreds and ended up throwing it out the window, where Taehyung found it the next morning while he was out gardening.

"I'm always here for you, baby." Taehyung had mumbled softly at the breakfast table, and Jooyeon could only silently eat his food. Namjoon looked disappointed, and even a little afraid, but his father had taken Taehyung away when he began tearing up.

That night, Jooyeon had left a little rose and note shyly in front of Taehyung's door and even snuck into his bedroom to cuddle with the omega, sniffling and mumbling out an apology.

But it still didn't stop the bitterness or his short-temper. He blamed Namjoon for his personality, but he knew he couldn't. He wasn't Namjoon, or Soohyun, or anyone else. He had to be himself, and it was hard to keep his emotions all bottled up, but he also didn't want to hurt anyone again.

"Mom, Jayeon's hitting Yoongi." Jooyeon said, sitting at the dinner table with a slice of buttered toast between his teeth, scrawling on his math homework half-heartedly. He looked up when Taehyung didn't respond, and sighed. "Mom?"

"Huh?" Taehyung looked back, and Jooyeon noticed his mother's eyes were a dark gold, and he had been in the midst of back-hugging Namjoon who was cooking something that smelled like meat. The alpha looked exhausted, and Jooyeon frowned.

Jooyeon stood and shook his head. "Never mind. I'll get them." He padded over to where Yoongi was tearing up while hitting Jayeon as his older sister screamed incoherent words to Yoongi's face. "Hey!" Jooyeon growled out, grabbing his sibling's hands and tearing them from each other's grasp. "What did I say about hitting like that?!"

Yoongi pouted up his bottom lip and suddenly wailed, running into Jooyeon's legs and hugging his older brother, sniffling and shaking his head. "Hyungie, s-she took my dollie." Yoongi mumbled sadly, eyes big.

Jayeon huffed and stomped her left foot angrily, scrunching up her eyebrows. "No! Yoonie keeps kicking my cupcake toys!"

"Why is everyone yelling for?"

Jooyeon turned, and Yoongi tore away from his legs and jumped into Taehyung's arms, who appeared gently from around the corner, that gooey golden look still in his eyes. Jooyeon pouted enviously as Taehyung patted Yoongi's bottom and brought him into his lap, but the older pup knew that since Yoongi was the youngest he'd receive the most affection.

But right now Jooyeon really craved some attention.

"I wanna cut my hair."

Taehyung looked up in shock, eyes wide. "What?" The omega stood and crouched next to Jooyeon who buried his face into Taehyung's side, pouting. "Really? You'll let me cut your hair again?"

Jooyeon looked nervously down at his feet, touching his shaggy hair with disinterest. He really didn't care how long or short his hair was, but he was just lazy and taking care of the long hair was becoming a hassle.

"Y-yes," Jooyeon puffed up his cheeks and looked away. "Please."

Taehyung set Yoongi down on the sofa and the tiny pup scrambled off the furniture and darted towards Namjoon who padded out, wiping his wet hands on his shirt and scooping Yoongi up as the young pup made grabby hands, cooing. "What's going on?" Namjoon asked, scratching his stubble that was beginning to grow on his chin.

Taehyung scowled and looked down at Jooyeon and Namjoon's unkempt figure.

"You're both getting makeovers!"

-

short chap but dont worry jikook smut is in progress
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

but recently my eyes have been hurting and im feeling really fatigued and just worn out so thats why updates have been dry and gross... sorry for not keeping the story flowing :(

also its my uh birthday 🎉 yippeeeeeeee i was reborn