75

{this chap takes place a couple of weeks after tae deals with soohyun's bullshit. so uh, three week time skip y'all}

-

"Namjoon, Mom wants us to come and visit."

Namjoon paused from being spoon fed from Taehyung, closing his mouth and Taehyung held the spoon full of rice and egg in the air with a pout. "What?" Namjoon stammered. "M-Mom?"

Jungkook was downing a whole gallon of milk and nodded. "Yep. Dad sent me a text this morning saying that they miss us and they wanna, uh, check up on you." He said, closing the bottle of milk and putting it back in the fridge, earning a smack of disapproval from Jimin who had seen Jungkook put his mouth on the milk bottle. "So, we should plan this vacation and maybe you can introduce Jooyeon and Taehyung."

Something in Jungkook's eyes told Namjoon that the younger had planned everything, and Namjoon clenched his fist. His parents didn't know about Jooyeon, or Taehyung. He distinctly remembered his parents telling him not to jump into another relationship after being in such a toxic one with Soohyun, but he had fallen in love instantly with Taehyung after a couple of years of trying to mend himself together.

But Namjoon felt happy right now, and he didn't want his parents disapproving his relationship.

And if they knew about Jooyeon, they'd flip.

"I dunno," Namjoon muttered. "Uhm. Tell them I'm busy, or something—"

"That'll be fun!" Taehyung squealed, his hands balling up into excited fists and he looked down at a very tired looking Jooyeon who was lazily munching on his eggs. "Joo, you wanna go on a vacation to Ilsan?"

Jooyeon's eyes brightened. "Vacantion? I never been on vacantion!"

"Vacation." Taehyung corrected, squeezing his cheeks. "We should go tomorrow! None of us are busy, right? And you guys are on winter break now!"

Jimin agreed, humming in excitement and darting over to Taehyung and shaking his hips while hugging Taehyung's shoulder, giggling. Jungkook stared at Jimin's hips, while Namjoon felt too much in a crisis to respond to the fact that Taehyung and Jimin were basically nearly kissing while they talked about what they would do in the small, cozy town.

"Yeah. Tomorrow it is." Namjoon whispered shakily.

-

"Road trip!" Taehyung squeaked, Jooyeon dancing happily in his cart seat beside him while Jimin and Taehyung sang brokenly to some old pop music. "Eek! I've never been to Ilsan!"

Namjoon was having a crisis in the passenger seat, sticking his face halfway out the window to make sure he wouldn't collapse. They were so close to their parent's house, and Namjoon was already sweating with nervousness despite the cold weather out.

"Hyung, we can smell your stress, y'know," Jungkook muttered and Namjoon relaxed, pretending to seem at ease despite his heart racing three miles a second. "Stop worrying. They're not gonna make fun of you or something."

Namjoon gulped when Jungkook pulled over, and instantly a bunch of memories came flowing back to him as he neared the cozy, slightly old but still beautifully antique home. Memories of a tiny Namjoon tackling a tiny Jungkook in the front yard, howling as they tried to beat each other in the contest for two Oreo cookies. Memories of Namjoon attempting to throw out the broken glass shards of the vase he had broken only to accidentally cut up his hands, ending up screaming and running into the house and getting scolded by his mother.

And him coming all the way here to introduce his parents to Soohyun, because when he was eighteen, he had solely believed Soohyun was the one he would marry.

But now he was coming again with a son and a mate. Last time he brought Soohyun, she was unmated, and Namjoon never marked Soohyun in their years of dating. Taehyung was the first omega Namjoon had ever claimed as his forever, and Taehyung was the first to mark Namjoon as his.

"Joon," he heard Taehyung tap at the window and Namjoon opened the door to see everybody had unloaded the suitcases already from the car. "Hurry up! Jooyeon needs to pee!"

"Mommy!" Jooyeon screamed suddenly, and Taehyung dropped his suitcase to make Jooyeon go behind a tree as he didn't want to deal with a urine-soaked Jooyeon again.

"Hyung," he felt Jungkook take his wrist and muzzle it, making Namjoon relax a little as his brother nuzzled the scent glands there, "you gotta relax. You look like you saw a ghost and was nearly possessed by it."

Namjoon gave him a small smile and took Taehyung's suitcase and his own, dragging it to the front door and tapping his foot as he waited for Jungkook to come at the door. Jimin was on his phone, typing at it rapidly beside Namjoon, and Taehyung and Jungkook arrived moments later with a relieved looking Jooyeon between them.

"Knock, there's no doorbell," Jungkook said to Jimin who knocked three times. The door swung open almost instantly, and at the door was a skinny, youthful lady. She had slight wrinkles besides her cheeks and forehead, her hair was cut short to her shoulders and tied back in a bun. She was wearing a dress that passed her knees and she gasped when she saw Namjoon and Jungkook.

"Babies!" She squealed, glancing at the rest of them uneasily. "Oh, and friends?" She questioned but ushered all of them in anyways. In the living room, their father was lounging on the couch with a plate of sliced fruit in front of him as he read a newspaper intently. He looked up when he heard people come in and he grinned when he saw Namjoon.

"Son!" He stood slowly, his joints cracking a little. "Jesus, when was the last time I saw you two? You've gotten so tall." He patted his shoulder and Namjoon smiled uncomfortably, noticing their gazes rest on Taehyung, Jooyeon and Jimin.

"And..." Namjoon's mother gestured to the said three. "Who might these be?"

Jungkook tugged Jimin to his side and the omega turned pink. "Well~ This is my boyfriend, Jimin." He looked proud to introduce the shy omega and Jungkook proudly stood by him, puffing his chest out.

Jimin bowed his head respectfully. "N-nice to meet you."

She gasped. "Oh! My little baby's all grown up now, finding such handsome omegas~" She grinned at Jimin who looked shyly down at his feet, and she turned to Taehyung who had Jooyeon swinging between his legs. "And...are you a friend?"

Namjoon's throat turned dry. He coughed and cleared his throat, feeling burdened by all the stares that turned to him.

"Um." Namjoon looked nervously at Jungkook who nodded, and at Taehyung who smiled softly. "Mom? Dad?" He looked at Jooyeon and at Taehyung again. He suddenly felt flustered and hot. "This is my...my mate." He gestured to Taehyung and he saw his mother's face pale. "And this is my son." He whispered the last part out of fear, and Jooyeon giggled.

A deafening silence filled the air and Namjoon was growing more and more panicked the longer the silence lasted.

Namjoon's mother gulped and looked at his father, who stared solemnly at Jooyeon. "I think..." He held his wife's waist and led them to a separate room. "We need to talk."

-

uHDONT THINK THE PROBLEM WITH SOOHYUN IS OBER JUST BC THERES A TIME SKIP

also uh 👉🏼👈🏼 ur comments make me happy so pls comment more