13

A headache pounding, nausea building up in the back of his throat and his vision slightly blurry as he flitted open both eyes, groggily lifting his head before sitting up.

"God—how much did I drink last night...?" He muttered, ruffling his blonde hair messily before turning to his right to hop out of bed when he realized wait is that another body and why are the sheets baby blue—?

The body shifted, and Namjoon was unable to see anything expect a bundle of soft lilac hair and he gasped loudly. Is that Taehyung? Did he get drunk and fuck Taehyung? "Oh my God what am I gonna do?" He muttered to himself, before tensing up as Taehyung turned around sleepily towards Namjoon and hugged his waist with a cute sigh, heart lips pouted up and cheeks squished against the pillow, his eyebrows furrowing as he seemed to dream of something confusing. "W-what am I supposed to do?" Namjoon said hoarsely to himself, as if some Sleep God would pop out of nowhere and tell him what to do. "Do I wake him up...do I leave...?"

Namjoon gasped softly as Taehyung pulled back and yawned, opening his eyes. Instantly Namjoon fell back into the pillows, pretending to be asleep, slowing his breathing and flinching when he accidentally bit down on his tongue. Damn alpha fangs...

Taehyung sat up, stretched and made a little happy humming noise before patting Namjoon's belly softly, surprising him. "Hmm, he'll be hungry when he wakes...but I can't cook," Taehyung mumbled tiredly, his voice slightly hoarse from sleep. "Maybe I'll go out and get something..."

Namjoon then opened one eye, yawning and stretching himself, pretending as if he had just woken up. "Ahem, well," Namjoon cleared his throat, hopping out of bed and walking idly towards the restroom, "excuse me."

"O-oh, Namjoon! You're awake." Taehyung said, eyes round. "D....-do you wanna go out to eat?"

Namjoon paused by the bathroom door and sent him a tight smile. "No thank you. I prefer meals cooked by myself." He pointed at himself and nodded.

"Oh, I was...just hoping we could, ah, grab some breakfast at that ramen shop down the block..." Taehyung mumbled, cheeks tinting pink when Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "Is that not your style or...?"

"No, no, that's not it. I just don't think it's healthy for us to be hanging out right now. We fucked, and you have a boyfriend—"

"What?" Taehyung cut him off, mouth agape in shock and his cheeks flaming. "W-what—what do you m-mean we—we didn't fuck, I mean, we didn't have s-sex!" He stuttered, staring at Namjoon as the alpha did a double take and he began to widen his eyes.

Taehyung stared, with shame burning Namjoon's cheeks, the alpha laughed loudly and cleared his throat. "I—I, um, yeah. It was just a, a joke." Namjoon said. "Of course we didn't fuck. You're way out of my league."

A hurt expression crawled onto Taehyung's face.

"Besides, you're taken. Ahahaahhahaha, okay excuse me." Namjoon disappeared behind the bathroom door and Taehyung stared at the door for a couple of moments before scoffing.

"Way out of his league?" He echoed, staring disdainfully at the door where the male was behind as he heard grunts and the noise of the sink running. "If anything, that girl, Soojung, is way out of my league so he must be as well." He scoffed and tched.

But that didn't stop the little tingle of pain to travel down his throat to his heart, squeezing it and causing Taehyung to swallow the lump back and get up to make some cup ramen instead.

-

Namjoon walked out hastily from the bathroom, his hair damp from the shower he had taken before he stared at the way Taehyung was spooning the instant ramen sadly into his mouth. Man, was he really that much of a heartbreaker? Did he really want that ramen or did he just have a major crush on Namjoon? I mean, who wouldn't? He was sexy as fuck. But...he did have that boyfriend of his, didn't he?

"I'm leaving now." Namjoon said with an air of confidence. Taehyung looked up, before nodding and staring dismissively back at his poor meal. Namjoon tched, clearing his throat awkwardly before leaving.

He ended up hours later aggressively making meals in his restaurant, the veins in his neck and arm popping out as he hastily cooked the food. He was unexplainably angry, a little irritated. You could smell it in his scent. His co-workers stared hesitantly at him, too afraid to tell him to take it slow as the alpha looked close to fainting. Even with the thick smell of delicious food in the air, Namjoon's icy mint pierced through it and the workers in the kitchen unfortunately had to deal with the dizzying scent all day.

Nobody messed with Kim Namjoon when he was in a bad mood. Maybe Jungkook, but no one messed with him.

Speaking of Jungkook, the younger alpha was seated beside Namjoon sometime in the afternoon as the elder cooked, staring with round, innocent eyes as Namjoon cooked some stew skillfully before suddenly whirling around and slapping a slab of beef onto the cutting board and cutting hastily before pulling back with a pained hiss.

Jungkook's eyes flared and he yelped when the scent of blood filled his nostrils and he darted over to the first aid kit on the very top shelf. "Hyung! This is why you shouldn't handle a knife so fast!" He scolded, wincing as he saw Namjoon run his hand under the water, the wound evidently deeper than what it looked. "Th-that doesn't look good, Joon-hyung...you should go to the doctor..." He bit his lip and helped Namjoon seat himself down, but even though he washed the wound off blood still came out in torrents from the wound. (a/n; Fun fact:I've actually cut my hand like this before and I had to get stitches on my finger bc it would get infected or smth if I didn't)

"No, I don't need any dumb doctor." Namjoon growled. "Get me some peroxide and bandages...I'll be fine."

Jungkook shook his head. "Hyung...I'll call that cool alpha doctor that helped me last month. He was really nice, and tending to people during ruts and heats aren't his only specialty..."

Namjoon's eyes turned a dark red. "Seokjin? No way."

Jungkook's thin lips pressed into a tight line and Namjoon huffed. "No. I'm calling him." He said, before wrapping a bandage tightly around Namjoon's hand, causing him to wince as Jungkook spun around and dialed the said number.

-

"Ow—ow, okay that hurt!" Namjoon squeaked, hiding the tears that sprung into his eyes as Seokjin pulled back and calmly cleaned the now stitched wound, red and angry and swollen.

Taehyung stood nervously behind, while Jimin stood awkwardly beside Jungkook, exchanging quiet looks and their hands hesitating to clasp each other. "I-is he gonna be okay, Jinnie?" Taehyung asked in a soft voice and Namjoon bit back a growl at the nickname. Jinnie? Why didn't Taehyung call him Joonie then?!

Seokjin nodded. "Yes, this is nothing. He'll be fine as long as he doesn't aggravate it to tear open again, which'll be hard, considering he is a chef." Seokjin sighed before picking up his briefcase with a sigh. "Hoseok will be infuriated. He's dealing with his heat right now and I had to leave him for a moment to tend to Namjoon, I just hope he'll resolve over this when I tend to him later."

Taehyung giggled. "Oh, yeah! Speaking of heat, mine's in a couple of days! I'll call you when I need help."

Seokjin nodded. "Yes, of course. Goodnight, everyone." He dipped his head and everyone waved goodbye except for Namjoon who was too fixated on the floor to even speak.

He really did have a crush on Taehyung, didn't he?