59

"Namjoon!"

Seokjin instantly made a beeline for Taehyung, sweeping the sobbing omega back, and Seokjin growled out a warning tone which had Namjoon stepping back in shock.

No. This wasn't supposed to happen! Namjoon was supposed to be healing! Mending himself with time and his relationship with Taehyung. How did...-why did he keep hurting the people he loved?

"How fucking dare you? I knew I shouldn't have called you." Seokjin snapped, and Hoseok came in with a yelp, running to Taehyung's side and leading him out of the room. Seokjin stood, fists clenched, and he pointed at the door outside. "Get out. Maybe breaking the bonds with Taehyung would be a good idea."

"I didn't mean to hurt him—"

"Yeah? You didn't mean to fucking slam him against the drawers?" Seokjin slammed a fist down on the desktop and his eyes smoldered red. "Out."

Namjoon didn't say another word, too shocked himself to argue. Dizzy with fear, and panic tightening his chest, Namjoon swallowed thickly and blindly made his way for the door. He slammed the door behind him, not knowing that his fingers had clawed and he was tearing his own flesh on his palms simply due to how much he was shaking.

Monster. Go kill yourself.

Namjoon let out a shaky sob, shaking his head. He sat inside of his car, trembling violently as he put his seatbelt on and drove unsteadily home.

Go. Kill. Yourself. You hurt him again; after what? What resolutions did you even have in mind? Were they even real?

Do you even love Taehyung?

Namjoon was hyperventilating, stumbling up the stairs to his luxury apartment. He didn't know how he made it this far but he didn't care. He couldn't breathe. He could barely see in front of him. He burst through the doors and fumbled for the cabinets, his vision half blurry, a swirl of colors and confused noises. He heard Jungkook calling his name in the background. Or was it Jungkook? It sort of sounded like Jooyeon. No, Jooyeon was at school—wait, was he? Could it be Jimin? Is he visiting again? No. He hadn't visited since he had...hurt Taehyung...

Meanwhile, Jungkook was shaking Namjoon's shoulder worriedly. His hyung was not responding to him, just staring at the spilled pills in front of him. Jungkook squarely faced his hyung and frowned, scanning him. "Hyung? Hyung, can you hear me?" What was wrong with him?

As Jungkook continued to shake and prod his brother, Namjoon leaned forward a little and suddenly began to shovel the pills blindly into his mouth.

Shrieking, Jungkook shoved his brother away and tackled him down onto the floor, digging the pills from Namjoon's mouth. The alpha was wailing miserably, a cold sound that sent chills down Jungkook's spine. He didn't like it at all, and once the saliva-covered pills were all out of Namjoon's gaping mouth, Jungkook took him to his room.

He nursed him until he was sitting and sadly staring at the pillows, depressed, on the bed, refusing to eat.

It took three hours for Jungkook to coax some information out of him.

Namjoon looked at his younger brother with so much hurt in his eyes that Jungkook quieted down, looking back nervously.

"I hurt him."

-

"It's okay, hyung. I bet he's fine, lemme just knock—oh,
Hoseok!"

Jungkook was wearing one of the brightest smiles he could muster as he stood in front of Hoseok's apartment door with a shameful looking Namjoon behind him.

But Hoseok looked angry. And Jungkook was a little
taken aback, his palms going sweaty and he laughed nervously, tugging Namjoon behind him. Jungkook had the splendid idea of going back to Seokjin's house to check up on Taehyung, but it seemed Hoseok and Seokjin, who joined them by the door, clearly were not up for it.

"I don't want him near the omega until he learns to calm down." Seokjin said sternly, crossing his arms, making Jungkook feel quite intimidated.

Jungkook squeaked. "B-but they're mates, so you can't keep them apart for long, right? Besides, uh—Taehyung has a son and he'll miss Taehyung sooner or later..."

"Well, that's up to Taehyung to decide, isn't it? I'm not the one that wants Namjoon away." Seokjin rolled his eyes as Hoseok nudged him. "Okay, yes, I would prefer him not to be around Taehyung, but, Taehyung is the one that told me to tell you, Namjoon," he poked a finger to Namjoon and the alpha flinched, "to quote, 'stay away.'"

Namjoon felt his heart shattering into a million pieces, and the alpha looked so destroyed and hurt by those words that even Seokjin was a little taken aback. But the doctor wouldn't interfere with his patients wishes: if Taehyung wanted Namjoon to stay away, then Seokjin would make it so it would happen.

"But hyung," Jungkook insisted, panicking as Namjoon was slowly dripping tears onto his shirt, "Taehyung didn't really say that, did he? That's impossible. Taehyung loves Namjoon way too much to say that" Jungkook laughed and looked around. "Right...?"

"No. I do want him to go away, and I don't want to see you two ever again."

Namjoon tugged on Jungkook's shirt to leave. All four craned their necks to see Taehyung standing huffily by the door, a little further away, his cheeks red and his eyes...broken. Namjoon whined and looked up desperately, wanting to apologize and explain what his plans were intended to do, and Taehyung just glowered, and Namjoon looked away because he had never seen Taehyung so angry before.

"And if Jooyeon asks of me," Taehyung spits, "tell him that his Daddy really is a bad guy."

Taehyung stomped up to the door and slammed it shut. Jungkook was too shocked to speak, and Namjoon...

Well, Namjoon just burst into tears.

-

homecoming is tonighttt