45

Jungkook rushed into the hospital with a dazed looking Jimin behind him, sprinting in like his life depended on it.

A giant scarf was wrapped around Jimin's neck to hide the hickeys that Jungkook had put there, because Jungkook was possessive as hell, but the alpha male had no time to cover himself up, so he had just darted into the hospital shirtless, wearing skinny jeans and flip-flops that clacked obnoxiously onto the tiled floors as he ran.

People from the front could see Jungkook's hickeys, disturbed by the noise of his flip-flops and they gaped at the sight of the sexual marks on his flesh, and people from the back could see the scratch marks that signified just how pleasured Jimin was, that he had clawed down Jungkook's back. But Jungkook didn't care. His hyung was in the hospital. Again. Hurt. And he didn't know if he was dying or not.

"Room 3107."

And Jungkook was out, darting to room 3107, slamming the door open to see his brother. Jimin caught up a little slower, panting, whining,
the giant scarf slipping off his neck and exposing his milky collarbones littered with Jungkook's bite marks, but none of them was an official mating mark.

On the other hand, Jungkook had expected to see Taehyung, holding flowers, maybe his hand, like an omega mate should do when their lover was hurt, but Jungkook's heart twisted when Namjoon was alone. Abandoned, just like the night that a sixteen year old Jungkook and his mother and father had rushed into the hospital years ago to see Namjoon, collapsed and half-dead on the hospital bed. Nobody was with him.

He remembered the memory vividly, remembering the way his mother screamed in a shrill voice and his father shouting at the nurses and doctors, demanding for an explanation.

"Domestic abuse..."

Jungkook had remembered crying softly as he neared his older brother's bed, when his usually strong alpha hyung had cried quietly on the hospital bed. An oxygen mask was placed above his lips, his eyes and face was bruised and his arms were wrapped in casts and his legs were strung up, held in place. He had weird, red marks plastered over his chest and arms and nurses were still crowding around him and applying gauze and ointment on the wounds.

"W-what happened?" Jungkook had asked his mother as she sat down and clasped Namjoon's hand, sobbing.

His mother wiped Jungkook's tears and shook her head. "It's okay. Your hyung is okay. That's all that matters."

Namjoon was awake when Jungkook entered, eyes red, staring at the bedsheets with the blankest, lost expression that Jungkook had ever seen. He told Jimin to sit by the seats, the scent of arousal still clinging to him and Jungkook felt bad for rushing the omega, but it had to be done. He had been called up while he was in the midst of fucking Jimin, with a condom of course, and Jungkook had been so lost in Jimin's breathless moans, his high pitched whines and his begs and pleads for more, that when the phone call came he had just pulled out and broken the bond that had begun to form in a usual mating ritual.

"Hyung?" Jungkook mumbled, holding his brother's hand. "You good? What happened?"

Namjoon sighed, squeezing Jungkook's hand. "Maybe it would be better if I died." Namjoon said, mumbling a little. "Then everybody would be happy..."

Jungkook blinked and swallowed thickly. "No, do-don't say that."

"Where's Taehyung?" Namjoon asked breathlessly after a long pause. "He...he's so brave. My mate. I'm so proud of him...where is he? I want to see him. Where's my mate?" He looked around and frowned.

Jungkook looked down. "I-I don't know, hyung...I thought he'd already be here by now...wasn't he with you?"

"He's at home." Jimin said, his speech slightly slurred. "Jooyeon's with him...think he's tired...just texted me..." Jimin curled up in the seat and began to shiver, slick seeping down his thighs. Jungkook's eyes flashed red and the alpha swallowed, and Jimin looked away. "S-sorry...ignore me..."

Namjoon's lip wobbled. "He hates me, doesn't he? Because I'm weak...fuck, I'm so weak..." He couldn't even cry anymore because his body was so drained of energy.

"No, no, hyung! You're really strong!" Jungkook nodded. "I-I'm proud of you! A lot! You're strong, really strong, stronger than anyone I know!"

Namjoon frowned and turned over. "No, I'm not." He curled up into a tiny ball. "I couldn't even face her and Taehyung did instead."

Namjoon let out a deep sigh and he allowed Jungkook to lay his head against his side and whine softly, distressed at the scent of his older brother's depressed smell.

"Maybe I really should just die."

-

"Mommy pwease stop crying I drew you a rainbow to make chu happy."

Taehyung sobbed, wiping his face into the sleeves of Namjoon's hoodie that smelled so much like him. His heart ached to see his mate and he took Jooyeon's adorable but sloppy picture of the rainbow and hugged it to his chest. "Thank y-you, my little prince." Taehyung brought Jooyeon onto his lap and kissed him.

"Stop cwying, you making me sad, too." Jooyeon put his head against Taehyung's chest, the drawing crinkling a little. Jooyeon looked around Taehyung's tinier apartment and he smiled. "I like Mommy's home. Smells good, hehe."

Taehyung laughed softly and brushed the bangs out of Jooyeon's eyes, wiping his tearful ones and hugging his pup tighter. "Is that so? Do you not like how Daddy's house smells?"

"Smells like forest there." Jooyeon hummed. "An' it smells like candy here. I like candy." He swung his legs and nuzzled back onto Taehyung's chest. "Mommy, why did we leave Daddy at the carnival with my old Mommy?"

Taehyung tensed at the question. I really shouldn't have left Namjoon there. But I was so angry. He didn't even do anything when she slapped me, just stood there. But it's not his fault either...he must've been terrified. Taehyung stared in horror at his hands as he realized what he had done. Holy shit. Namjoon must've been so terrified, God knows what she must've done when Taehyung left!

What if she had hurt him? What if her and her husband took Namjoon and beat him up? He wasn't dead...if Namjoon died he would've felt the mark on his neck burning away painfully like a broken heart, and that hadn't happened.

Yet.

"Joo baby we gotta go find Daddy." Taehyung gasped, getting up and wiping his wet cheeks and scrambling for his items. "D-Daddy might be hurt, we gotta find him."

Jooyeon scrambled up on the sofa and watched, confused. He didn't want his Daddy to be hurt. His Daddy was big and strong and cool, and Jooyeon really liked him despite him being a big
meanie sometimes. "Daddy's hurt?"

"H-he might be—we have to go, wait—let me calm Jungkook, yeah, he might know...God, he's not picking up, fuck it...Joo baby come on let's go." Taehyung scooped Jooyeon up onto his shoulder and rushed to the door and swung it open.

But to his surprise, he was met face to face with a passed out Namjoon, and Jungkook and Jimin holding Namjoon on each side.

Jimin smiled meekly and Jungkook blew out an exhausted breath. "Surprise~"

-

fuck me in the ass i have a math test tomorrow it's 12 am and i haven't studied

ALSO OMG I THINK IM GONNA DIE WITHOUT MY PHONE HOLY SHIT I FEEL SO LONELY AN  I SIT ALONE AT LUNCH TMRW AND I HAVE NO PHONE IDK WHEN IM GETTNG IT BACK< BUT HERES AN UPDATE BECAUSE I LOVE U ALL OWO