56

"Namjoon? Are you doing okay?"

Namjoon jolted, looking up at Jimin who had peeked into the office, in request of Taehyung from an earlier text. His friend voiced his worry through multiple calls and texts, saying that Namjoon wouldn't pick up, and that he had left the house in the morning in a suspicious hurry that Jimin had no choice but to submit to Taehyung's desperate plea.

"Uhm, Taehyung's worried. So is Jungkook." Jimin's voice grew soft as he spoke the alpha's name. He hadn't had contact with him in a while, ever since the night that Jimin and Jungkook had made love, and had left in a hurry to meet an injured Namjoon in the hospital. He hadn't seen him at the restaurant, and it almost seemed as if Jungkook was ignoring him at school. "You should probably go home and talk to them..."

"I'm fine." Namjoon said curtly. "Just get back to work. Tell them I'm fine."

Jimin frowned. "Namjoon, that's not what I--"

"I said, get back to work."

Jimin left, closing the door with a scowl. Namjoon was honestly such a fucking prick sometime. Angrily picking up his phone, he thumbed a haste and irritated text back to Taehyung, who didn't respond, and Jimin sat back at the hostess desk with a pout. He stared out the window, the dark coldness of the night seeping through the front door, and Jimin huffed.

He just wanted to see Jungkook.

-

"Namjoon! You're back—oh, uhm, Namjoon, hey—?"

Namjoon quickly shoved past Taehyung as the omega continued to grapple at his arms and attempt to hook their arms together. "Wait, Namjoon, please!" He locked the door shut to the bathroom and immediately began to wash. He could hear Taehyug jiggling the doorknob and pleading out desperately. As he finished up his shower, nervously watching the doorknob move every so often, his heart broke when he heard Taehyung begin to whine.

"N-Namjoon, please." Taehyung's voice was strained, sad, hurt, and the omega weakly attempted to turn the knob again. Namjoon slathered lotion onto his skin and ignored Taehyung. "J-Joonie...let's just...can we please talk? I just wanna...Joon, just open the door."

Namjoon slipped on his pyjamas, waiting as Taehyung stubbornly sat in front of the bathroom door, whining, keening and gently clawing at the door. Namjoon had never seen Taehyung so clingy, and whether it was the heat or not, Namjoon simply couldn't understand why Taehyung would even want him after what he had done.

You're a monster. You nearly killed him. You almost turned out like her.

Namjoon shook those thoughts away, growing panicked. He wasn't a monster. He didn't...he wasn't going to be like Soohyun, was he? He didn't want to be like her. Maybe Taehyung was—maybe he wanted to talk to him so he could break up. Break their marks, their bonds. Namjoon's eyes grew wild. No. No, he didn't want to break his bond with Taehyung. He loved him. They loved each other too much to break up.

Right?

"Namjoon...look," he heard Taehyung grow tired on the other side of the door and his gaze snapped over to where he heard the omega begin to sniffle, "uhm, we can talk tomorrow morning? I'm kinda tired...and I need to talk to the school about re-placing me in my classes." The omega seemingly stood, and Namjoon heard him shuffle sadly. "I-I'm going back to my apartment for the week...have to pay rent and...uhm...yo—you know, Namjoo—ah, never mind. Goodnight..."

Namjoon didn't respond. He waited for his mate to leave the bedroom before walking out, and made it just in time to see Taehyung leaving the front door, leaving his acrid, distressed scent in the air.

Namjoon clenched his fists, looking over to see Jooyeon, the Ryan stuffy clutched in his arms, on the bed, sleeping. Namjoon gulped as he neared his pup and gently raised the stuffy to his nose. It reeked of Namjoon's scent, and it was overlaid with Taehyung's sweet cream, the smell that Namjoon knew would cling to his skin when he was cozy and comfortable. Namjoon's heart grew nostalgic, the thought of Taehyung snuggling into the pillow all day, waiting for him, and the alpha sighed, closing his eyes and falling beside his pup who mumbled and snuggled closer to Namjoon. Namjoon subconsciously hugged his son back, eyes watery.

Taehyung wouldn't leave him, right? He had Jooyeon. And Jooyeon loved Taehyung, and Taehyung loved Jooyeon as if he were his own flesh and blood. How could you give up flesh and blood?

Soohyun did. Threw you and Jooyeon away like shit.

Namjoon clutched Jooyeon closer to himself. The pup was beginning to form a scent, a mix of a slight tainting sort of sweet scent that seemed like pomegranates, but Namjoon wasn't sure. You couldn't pinpoint an exact scent with a pup, because it fluctuates so much. One day it'll be tobacco, and the next week it'll be sweet strawberries. It took a while for scents, especially in alphas, to settle.

But Namjoon found his pup's scent comforting, because he could also smell Taehyung on him. The omega must've tucked him in before he left, and Namjoon could smell a residing berry on Jooyeon's forehead, and he could picture his mate kissing Jooyeon's forehead softly before leaving. Namjoon sat up, realizing he couldn't sleep with all these jumbled thoughts and sighed.

He saw a note on the desk beside him.

"Oh, fucking—" Namjoon nearly fell flat on his face as he grabbed for the note, scrambling as he hastily opened it to see Taehyung had scrawled a short note in his familiar, neat handwriting:

Let's talk tomorrow.  Please don't
ditch, please stop ignoring me. I love you. Get lots
of rest, give Jooyeon some pancakes for breakfast.
I love you. xoxo
- your baby

Namjoon held the paper to his chest. "Fuck, baby." Namjoon breathed, shaking his head. "How can you still love somebody like me after all that...?"

He placed the note back onto the top of the desk, shaking his head, firmly looking at the pink heart pen that belonged to Taehyung that he had left at Namjoon's place.

No. He'd have to rewind, make sure that Taehyung had enough space to relax and heal. He wouldn't touch him until he was sure himself that he trusted himself to be around Taehyung safely without hurting him again, and he'd try not to speak because Namjoon sucked at speaking when he was overridden with emotion.

This was the only way he could build himself back. Heal himself, so he wouldn't turn out like her.

-

Taehyung's whipped :( namjoon's whipped :(

and i'm fucked for a quiz tomorrow :(