26

Namjoon was released from the hospital the next day and was in the process of opening the front door when he heard a shriek resonate from inside of his apartment.

Hastily opening the door, he flung it open and charged in to see Taehyung giggling and tickling a shrieking Jooyeon, who was laughing, red-faced and dimples caving on each cheek. Jooyeon looked up at the sound of the door opening. Namjoon swallowed when he saw the bandage across the boy's cheek.

Taehyung looked up and his eyes turned round. "N-Namjoon!" He got up and put Jooyeon gently on the floor, running over and holding Namjoon's hand worriedly. "How are you feeling?"

Namjoon looked down at the boy and sighed. "I'm fine, Taehyung. How have you been holding up?"

Taehyung laughed softly, looking down at his feet. "I've been doing okay. A-are you sure you're okay? You...you panicked last night."

"Let's not bring up what happened last night." The alpha cut Taehyung off and looked past him to see Jooyeon staring with round, frightened eyes at Namjoon and the alpha sighed, rolling his eyes before beckoning the pup to come over. He scuttled over and hid behind Taehyung's legs, whimpering, cheeks swollen. Namjoon crouched down beside Jooyeon and cleared his throat.

"Does it hurt?" Namjoon asked and Jooyeon looked at his feet. "Answer me."

"Huwts a lot." He said quietly. "Teef an' cheek."

Namjoon gently pressed his palm to Jooyeon's cheek and Namjoon felt a twinge of guilt in the pit of his stomach. "Open your mouth." Jooyeon opened his jaws and Namjoon stared at the tiny little fangs protruding from his top jaw and bottom jaw. For the smallest moment he felt a swell of pride but he didn't let it show.

Taehyung looked eagerly at Namjoon as he stood and Jooyeon clasped Taehyung's hand in his. "So? Aren't you excited? He's growing his fangs!"

Jooyeon looked shyly at his feet again. "Huwts but I can protec Mama because Mama's not as strong as Daddy." He puffed out his chest and giggled. Namjoon's lips twitched into a smile and he quickly looked away, clearing his throat, mumbling: "Let's eat dinner.."

But Taehyung didn't miss the fleeting smile on his face.

-

"Jungkook? I didn't know you were here."

Namjoon looked up in surprise as he saw his younger brother trudge into the room, disheveled and with a weird mark around his lips. "What happened to you?"

Jungkook sniffled and rested his chin on his arms sadly. "I went through rut at school. They muzzled me." He looked down shamefully and Namjoon's eyes hardened, grabbing Jungkook's chin and inspecting the harsh marks around his mouth.

Taehyung's nose twitched and he looked at Jungkook, pausing from feeding Jooyeon. The pup was playing with a ribbon for some reason but he didn't mind. Pups were curious and learning, after all.

"Is it because of Jimin?" Taehyung asked innocently and Jungkook gulped, turning red and stuffing his mouth with eggs instead. Namjoon wiped his hands on his apron and frowned.

"Jungkook? Did you nearly fucking..." Namjoon started and Jungkook looked up with wide eyes, waving his hands no.

"Mno, I swear, I din't mean two get awoused—"

"So it was because of Jimin." Taehyung said and Jungkook sent a betrayed looked to him, but Taehyung was oblivious. Why would it matter? The two were obviously in love with each other.

Namjoon sighed, squeezing the area between his nose. "I'm...I'm gonna go rest in my room."

Jungkook looked guiltily up at his brother as the male stumbled towards his room and he stared at Taehyung. "I-is he that angry with me?"

"No. He's had a hard time at the hospital." Taehyung said with a sigh, stroking Jooyeon's head. Jungkook stared at Jooyeon with a weird look in his eyes and Taehyung felt his chest tighten. Surely Jungkook wouldn't judge him, too?

His cheeks turned pink and he distracted himself by spooning some eggs into Jooyeon's mouth and the pup opened his swollen mouth and chewed happily only to wince and look up with a whine. "My teef hurt, I no want eggs."

"Baby, you gotta eat." Taehyung patted his cheek and made him open his jaws, inspecting the growing little fangs. "Look at you~ growing fangs already?"

"Is he really Namjoon's son?"

Taehyung paused, sighing and nodding. Jooyeon continued to play with the ribbon in his hands and Jungkook puffed out his cheeks. "Jeez. I'm an uncle already and I'm this young." He looked at Jooyeon and frowned. "He looks like a replica of Namjoon when he was younger."

Taehyung laughed proudly. "I know, right? He's adorable." Taehyung nuzzled the baby's cheek and smiled.

Jungkook watched the interaction and shook his head. Were the two even mated? Jungkook was worried. He knew that Taehyung was hurting: it was obvious in the way he would jerk and hiss lowly when Jooyeon touched him, but his eyes continued to glow heavily with love and Jungkook admired the elder for that. "So, are you going to mate my brother?"

Taehyung's cheeks turned pink and he rubbed Jooyeon's sides. "Heh, well, Namjoon did say he wanted to be mates." His eyes glowed happily and he snuggled into Jooyeon's mess of dark brown hair. "Hopefully he'll decide soon."

Jungkook looked down at his feet. "Yeah. Hopefully."

-

Namjoon rested his head against the softness of his pillows, enjoying the way it clung with Taehyung's scent. His head had been aching ever since he had seen those goddamn tulips and panicked. In fact, ever since his trip to the hospital he's been feeling sickly.

Taehyung's presence was, in fact, the only thing that made him feel better. So he laid comfortably in bed, burying his face into the pillow that reeked of Taehyung's sweet scent, his headache slowly dissipating.

"Daddy?"

Namjoon blinked open an eye and frowned, seeing Jooyeon teetering by the door, his eyes round as he gazed at his father's sleeping figure. The alpha sat up and Jooyeon pattered in slowly, sitting on the edge of the bed before shyly pulling out a piece of paper with a sloppily drawn picture of three stick figures, one with blonde, one with purple and one with brown.

"Das me." He pointed to the tiniest stick figure with a dumb smiley face on it. "Das my hair and my favorite jellybean flavows." He pointed at the purple haired stick. "Das Mommy. He helped me draw his hair, and das you. Your hair is yellow, so I used my special crayon for that one."

He looked up and smiled widely up at him, his eyes crinkling up and dimples caving in on both of his swollen cheeks. Namjoon stifled a laugh, ruffling his son's hair and spotting the little fangs the pup was now sporting. He looks just like me. Nothing like...her.

"Daddy dis my present for you." He put the drawing down and to Namjoon's surprise got up and kissed Namjoon's cheek. "I love you." He giggled and hopped off the bed before running back to the living room with a squeal.

Namjoon picked up the drawing and stared at it, a smile lacing his features and the alpha put it neatly on the counter with a chuckle.

"Sorry kid." Namjoon said quietly, going back to hugging Taehyung's pillow, "but I don't wanna hurt you."

-

dammit i just gotta ruin the fluff huh