51

"Mating ritual?"

Taehyung looked up in disbelief, eyes widening as Namjoon determinedly looked at his mate who was curled up on the sofa, watching a movie, eyes blinking in a mix of shock and shyness. "But...I"m only nineteen..."

"You're on birth control, right?" Namjoon sat down and rubbed Taehyung's lap, and the omega frowned. "I...I got a call from school today and they said they're dropping you from all of your classes because you're...distracting other classmates." He turned pink and scratched his head, and Taehyung snapped.

"What?" gasped Taehyung, the omega sitting upright and an indignant expression painting his already distraight features. "No way! I was passing all of them, I was so close!"

"Which is why, I want to offer this choice." Namjoon said, nodding his head. The omega wiped his still runny nose and looked down at the star-patterned blankets on his lap, biting his lip. A mating ritual? At age nineteen? His parents would disapprove, Jimin would disapprove; hell, everyone would disapprove. But he couldn't just fail his classes, that would disappoint all of them even more.

And Taehyung lived to please.

"Uh, I'm not too positive on the mating ritual thing." Taehyung spoke softly, uncertaintly, and Namjoon nodded, feeling a bit nervous himself. "But...I can try..."

"You don't have to do anything if it makes you uncomfortable, Taehyung, you know that, right?" Namjoon tipped Taehyung's chin up and the omega shyly nodded, his tiny fangs sinking into his plush lower lip. Namjoon pecked him softly and lifted him up onto his lap. "I'm not too sure about this either...so just tell me if you feel scared."

Taehyung sniffed and nodded. "Okay. Let's...let's try."

So twenty minutes later, a breathless Taehyung was laying on the bed, a little scared as Namjoon softly stretched out his hole. It felt similar to how Seokjin would take care of him during heats, and Taehyung was unfazed. He had felt this much before, but he had never experienced a real knot. He would've usually expected it to feel like a dildo, but according to the internet, a real knot felt ten times bigger than a fake dick.

Namjoon asked if he should use a condom, but if Taehyung's body recieved no alpha sperm, then it wasn't a complete mating ritual. It would be like sex, not a ritual. And Taehyung needed a ritual for him to stop craving Namjoon so much, because a ritual tells an omega and alpha that they had quite nothing to worry about, no fear of losing their mates to other possibly more seductive others.

But halfway through, as Namjoon softly spread his legs, cooing encouraging words, Taehyung gasped loudly and jerked forward.

That hurt.

"Ow! Ow ow ow!"

Namjoon jerked in surprised, reeling his hands back, and he stared as Taehyung awkwardly had a hand against his throbbing rim, that felt like it was burning. It was like somebody was pressing a candle flame to his fucking ass and it hurt.

"Namjoon--holy shit, it really hurts!" Taehyung cried out and Namjoon floundered.

"Wha--? I didn't even; all I did was spread your legs, how did that hurt you?!"

Taehyung hissed. "I don't know! But it hurts!"

Namjoon bit his lip in shock, recoiling back with his hands outstreched uncertaintly. "Uhm, d-do you need ice? An ice pack?"

"What, you want me to press ice to my fucking ass?" Taehyung snapped, feeling crabby as the pain only worsened and the omega sat up with a whine and pouted. But when a sharp jolt of pain hit his lower tummy, he looked up at the meek Namjoon with big puppy eyes and nodded. "Y-yes, please...ice..."

Namjoon gratefully left to fetch the ice.

-

"His body's rejected you."

Taehyung and Namjoon's eyes widened in surprise, staring up at Seokjin who had a sleepy Hoseok resting soundly on his lap, his belly jutting out slightly in his tight pyjamas, showing that his pregnancy was running smoothly. The two had made a quick visit to Seokjin's house in desperation to figure out why Taehyung was hurting to much.

Because, honestly, why, in any way, would Taehyung's body reject Namjoon if it had craved him so much?

"What? B-but...that's not fair. I thought so hard about it..." Taehyung frowned.

"Sexual rejection only happens when two people are marked from bites." Seokjin explained quietly, as Hoseok whined softly and shifted in his lap. "So, there's only a few reasons as to why Taehyung's body would reject the advacement of their significant other. One, it could be because their heat is due. You'd rather perform a mating ritual during heat to have a higher chance of concivieving a pup."

Namjoon turned pink. "We're not looking to get Taehyung pregnant, we're just, uh, trying to stop the cravings that he keeps getting."

Seokjin frowned. "Oh. Well, the others reasons are irrelevant, like if someone is forced into a mating ritual, then their body instantly rejects." Seokjin rubbed Hoseok's tummy shamelessly and Namjoon watched the interaction blankly. "So, your heat must be due. I haven't checked your calender, you can go check in my room, bottom right drawer, you're labeled in 'K,' Ah, and don't open the left cabinet..."

Taehyung got off the couch from beside Namjoon to hastily fetch his files, which he found easily. Seokjin's office was a mess of papers, the strong stressed scent of an alpha and in the midst of it, a twinge of Hoseok's soft lavender. Taehyung pulled out his file and quickly found his name and groaned.

His heat was tomorrow.

No wonder his body had rejected him, because there was no way Taehyung would miss a chance where Namjoon would be able to touch him.

So the two left back home, and Namjoon was intent on making sure he had the most comfortable heat in the world, setting up a giant mass pile of pillows and blankets, and Taehyung had fallen asleep in the giant mountain, his face adorably sticking out, all squished up at the top. Namjoon had frowned, putting back the hot soup and tea he had made for Taehyung. He'd just give it to him tomorrow morning.

But a weird feeling was bubbling in the pit of Namjoon's stomach, a mixture of nervousness, of fear and just pure doubt.

Because Namjoon didn't like people to see what he was capable of when he was triggered into a rut.

-

comment from jungkook: you do not want to see namjoon when he's in aggresive rut (when an omega's heat triggers alpha to begin rutting)

also my phone is stll gone, i've been on my laptop for 5 days now and i'm suffering i literally cannot type swiftly on a laptop somebody give me jesus