106

The rejection hurt like a deep thorn embedded underneath a fingernail.

Soohyun had her arms crossed, sitting at the bar of the club in puzzlement. Namjoon's rejection was so sour, and so harsh that even she was surprised when the alpha threw her off of him, and when the police officer had gotten involved, she knew she wasn't going to win the male back. At least, not anytime soon.

Because if she couldn't get the pup back, then she'd have to get someone back, and whether that would be Namjoon or the pup, or simply just lashing her anger out on that ugly omega mate of Namjoon's, she didn't care. She needed an outlet, and that family of three was perfect for it.

Gulping down her highly alcoholic drink, she pulled out her cellphone and dialed up her husband, who reluctantly said he would pick her up around twelve, as he was in the middle of fucking some desperate omega girl and filming a sex tape for some more profit. Soohyun didn't care, honestly. It made them good money, and that's all she needed.

"Hey, baby...lookin' sexy tonight huh?"

Soohyun wasn't even fazed when she felt the muscular alpha slide his hand across her hips, hooking his arm around her shoulders. He was incredibly handsome, his fangs resting casually on his bottom lip and his eyes a dark red from the hormones and lust-filled scents filling the moist, sweaty club. He had a sort of peachy blonde hair, chopped finely in an undercut, and Soohyun smirked. "Hi, alpha..."

The alpha's eyes flared in delight at her tone of voice. "So...alone tonight, yeah?" He looked around warily, as if wondering if Soohyun had a boyfriend or not. "So am I. I was just looking to treat a pretty lady and, looks like I found myself one."

Soohyun giggled flirtatiously and batted her eyelashes. "Oh, stop...you're making me blush." She hid her bottom lip in between her teeth and looked up, sliding her hair back. She leaned forward the tiniest bit, and the male hummed. "What's your name, alpha? Or should I just keep calling you that?"

The alpha smirked. "Call me Jay."

-

"H—-hrg!"

Namjoon winced when he heard Taehyung barf up violently behind the closed door of the bathroom, and the alpha tapped the door impatiently. "Taehyung! Why did you lock the door?" He knitted his eyebrows together worriedly, holding the cool rag and the mug of hot, herbal tea in his hands awkwardly. "I have the tea stuff that Seokjin prescribed you!"

"Stop, I'm literally vomiting right—"

Namjoon flinched back from the door at the gross noises coming from the inside of the bathroom, the sound of Taehyung retching and whining, and the splattering of his poor lunch all coming up into the toilet bowl. The omega began crying not a moment later, wailing pitifully and Namjoon's heart clenched. "Baby,
open the door."

"It hurts!" Taehyung sobbed out, his voice muffled as if he was wiping his mouth with a towel. "It hurts so mu—urgh!" More splattering noises and weak retches, and Namjoon groaned.

Namjoon jiggled the doorknob, placing the towel and the tea down on the cabinets beside the bed before coming back. "Tae, please open the door. You're worrying me, what if you faint or something?" He bit his lip and jiggled it again, tugging on it when there came no response. "Taehyung?"

The sound of the toilet flushing resonated for a moment. "M'fine," Taehyung responded weakly, and Namjoon sighed in relief when he heard the door click, unlocking. He instantly pushed open the door, his heart aching when he saw Taehyung was on the floor, sweaty and pale and looking miserable. "Joonie..."

Namjoon whined. "Oh, baby...c'mere..."

Taehyung's eyes welled up with tears. "I-it hurts a lot." He buried his face into Namjoon's chest and began to sniffle, his chest wracking with sobs. "Hurts so bad..."

"I know, baby," Namjoon kissed the top of his head and patted his back, running his hands down to his hips and gripping them softly, absolutely loving the way they had widened a bit in preparation for the pregnancy, and the way his skin had gotten softer and his entire being just so much more enticing and creamy. "I know..."

Taehyung wiped his nose against the back of his hand and looked up at Namjoon with wobbly lips and big, sad brown eyes. "C-can I have breakfast, please?"

"Of course, baby. I made some chicken soup, I know that goes down, right?" He hoisted Taehyung up into his arms and the omega clung onto him desperately, whimpering.

"Yeah." Taehyung mumbled.

"Okay, then...I added some other herbs for it to taste good, baby, just for you." Namjoon grinned and kissed his lover's cheek, putting him down when they neared the dining table. "Go sit down."

Taehyung nodded, wiping his eyes and seating down next to Jimin, who was scrawling some notes onto his homework papers with Jungkook, who was fiercely arguing about whether the answer to number twenty three was right or not.

Jimin looked up when he saw Taehyung sit down, and reeled back. "Woah—you smell like shit." Jimin plugged up his nose and Taehyung moped miserably. It was true, though. Taehyung's scent was sour: like rotten berries and cream that had gone bad, bitter and pungent. It was kind of lemony now, acidic and unpleasant and mixed with the smell of sweat as well. Jungkook seemed fazed by the miserable and depressed scent, and so he had to nudge Jimin's side and the pink-haired male had to briefly press his nose to Jungkook's wrist.

"I know," Taehyung huffed. "I just...barfed up basically everything I ate yesterday."

Jimin wrinkled his nose. "Oh, Tae, that's awful." The omega took Taehyung's trembling hand and cooed. "Are you feeling better now?"

Taehyung shrugged. "I'm still nauseous. Joonie's getting me some of that bland chicken soup to eat 'cause my morning sickness is so bad."

Jimin gave him a sympathetic look, rubbing his hands when Namjoon set down a hot bowl of the chicken soup. It looked a lot tastier than it did, with Namjoon's culinary skills that made the food smell a lot tastier and it was colorful and pleasing to look at. And as Taehyung sadly spooned the soup into his mouth, expecting nothing more than some bland liquid, he was pleasantly surprised to find it was salty and the herbal tastes flooded his mouth wonderfully.

Namjoon waited patiently as Taehyung turned to him in surprise. The honey-brown haired male looked expectant, his eyes round, waiting to be praised by Taehyung like an excited pup would for a piece of candy.

"Is that mint?" He asked, his eyes flickering gold a little at the taste of the fresh leaves that resembled his mate's scent so much. The taste of the sharp leaves made his mouth water, and he licked his lips for any of the remaining flavor.

Namjoon frowned and a light blush settled on his cheeks. "W-what?" He stammered, nervously looking at Jungkook and Jimin who were staring at Namjoon.

Taehyung blinked. "Is that...mint leaves?" He pointed down at his bowl of food. "In the soup?"

Namjoon turned even redder. "Um—"

"No way. Hyung, you did not just put mint leaves in the soup to seduce Taehyung." Jungkook snickered from across the table and Namjoon was scarlet.

"I didn't—"

Taehyung spooned out a chopped mint leaf and nibbled on it. His eyes flared golden and Taehyung looked up with wide eyes. "It is mint!" He giggled, oblivious to the fact that he was helping Jungkook embarrass Namjoon immensely.

Namjoon was burning hot. He stammered, spluttering for words to say and failing miserably. "I—It's just for the taste! Not—n-not because it's m-my scent or—"

Jimin and Jungkook started snickering when Taehyung's eyes turned hopeful, and the pregnant omega's aroused scent turned the air thick. Namjoon choked and looked away, anywhere but Taehyung, and Jungkook let out a howl of laughter, throwing his head back.

"You are trying to get laid!"

-

ugh namjoon is so cute?? someone try to change my mind