62

trigger warning ⚠️ self harm and mentions of suicide ⚠️

The pain was numb.

It wasn't that he couldn't feel the hot, searing agony from his neck and wrists as he dragged the blade across his flesh, no. He could feel it very well, like a bitch. But Namjoon couldn't feel it at the same time.

It felt good.

The blood ran down his clothes, soaking them, dripping down and Namjoon felt hot tears go down his cheeks. He eventually had collapsed, and was found by Seokjin and Hoseok who has gone out on a date night and had come back late. When Hoseok saw his collapsed figure, the discarded flowers and chocolates and snacks, Hoseok screamed. Seokjin instantly ran over and, without hesitation, scooped up Namjoon and brought him inside.

Taehyung was sitting on the couch, being spooned by a sleeping Jimin. He was teary eyed and his face was puffy as if he were crying, and Taehyung sat up when he heard Seokjin come in.

Upon seeing Namjoon so deathly pale and bloody, Taehyung gasped and tried to follow, but Hoseok held him back. "Taehyung, nows not the time." He mumbled and Taehyung shook his head.

"Namjoon! But—I'm his mate!" Taehyung gasped out and he heard the door to Seokjin's office slam shut. Hoseok calmed Taehyung down, the strong scent of lavender filling the air and making the frantic omega relax. "Is he okay...?"

Hoseok swallowed and led him back to the sofa where Jimin had begun to wake, his face adorably puffy with sleep, and the omega stretched cutely on the couch, cute enough to make Taehyung relax the slightest bit and he curled up into Jimin's embrace, nuzzling his breasts. Like a pup, he took Jimin's hand and tucked it into his chest, whimpering, and Jimin responded with a whine, distressed by Taehyung's scent. "What's wrong?" Jimin asked quietly, and the younger shook his head. "Okay, then...you can tell me about it later, alright?"

Taehyung nodded, his eyes teary and watery again. Hoseok sighed and sat on the armrest beside them. "Why are you two even awake? I told you to sleep by nine...it's 1 AM now..."

"What were you and Seokjin doing that made you stay out so late?" Jimin retorted and Hoseok's face flushed. Jimin snickered and the pregnant omega shook his head indignantly. "N-no—it's not like that!" He stammered but Jimin was still smirking. Taehyung even let out the tinest bit of a smile, but worry still stuck his heart.

Was Namjoon hurt because of him? God. They really needed to sort out this relationship, didn't they?

Taehyung sat up on the couch nervously, and Jimin looked at him. "Hey, you're not thinking of going back? After that big show of being petty as fuck and leaving him at the door earlier?"

Taehyung looked crushed. "But he was hurt. It couldn't have been because of me, right?" He looked down, saddened. To be honest, he was missing Jooyeon's presence beside him while he slept, and the smell of Namjoon's warm, wintery scent, and although Jimin was comfy and squishy and smelled like summer peaches, it wasn't the same as Jooyeon or Namjoon. His mating mark had also protested, and his body was too, with the fluctuations of his heat that should've ended days ago. In fact, even as he spoke, he could feel the hot slick ooze out of him embarrassingly. "I hope it wasn't..."

"Of course not." Hoseok said cheerily. "He was probably just, uhm, in an accident! Maybe he got into a figh—I mean—"

"Oh my God, if Namjoon went into a fight because of me then I definitely have to go and sort this out. Excuse me." Taehyung padded over to Seokjin's office and gently pushed open the door, ignoring Hoseok's protest as the omega blundered after him. "Namjoon, wait, let me explain—"

Taehyung froze, and Seokjin snapped his gaze up. Hoseok grabbed Taehyung's shoulders but he shook them off and his eyes remained on Seokjin's hands, poised, elegant, covered in scarlet and in one hand a needle and some sort of string. But Taehyung's attention was on the figure, slumped and still drugged, passed out on the table. Seokjin had a mask on, and he looked questionably at Hoseok, who looked down shamefully.

Because Namjoon was the one on the table completely naked, a sight no mated omega should see, as Seokjin was carefully stitching back the deep cut wounds across Namjoon's torso and chest, his wrists and necks were bundled up with tight gauze and Seokjin growled. There was tissues overflowing from a nearby trash bin, some covered in blood, others with some alcohol-smelling material. Taehyung's knees trembled, and Hoseok tugged his shirt out back to his guest bedroom. Jimin scurried after them, and the three omegas, without speaking, curled up on the bed and hugged Taehyung in the middle. Both Jimin and Hoseok had begun releasing powerful pheromones were meant to be used to calm down for pups and alphas, and they were almost clouding the air, and Taehyung's eyes drooped sleepily. Drunk on the scent of calming lavender and nostalgic peaches, Taehyung gently curled up deeper into the pillows, whimpering.

-

super short chapter but i'm writing slight smut for u next chapter so