11

"N-Namjoon-hyung. Did you say something to Taehyung and did he reject you?"

Namjoon tensed up as he froze slightly from frying his eggs but he continued without saying anything. His eyes narrowed and he felt his chest grow tight as he heard Jungkook fiddle with his fork, the metal tapping against the table nervously. "No." He responded flatly, his dimples showing on his round cheeks as his lips tightly pursed into a tight line. "Course not. I hate that dumb omega." He flipped the egg skillfully and swept his bangs out of his eyes.

Jungkook frowned, looking down at his plate of vegetables and chewing slowly on his avocado slices. Namjoon declining his love for an omega? Doubtful. "Y-you do? I thought you...liked him..." He trailed off, staring as his phone dinged with a message notification. Jimin.

"No, I don't." Namjoon said quickly. "And I wasn't crying yesterday I was just—it was cold out so, my eyes were really dry. Also you know my unhealthy habit of waking up early? Well, that made my eyes red. And they hurt." He blabbered, feeling his throat grow tight with emotion.

He spun around to place the egg on top of Jungkook's food, still frowning. He patted his brother's head gently and smiled a little tightly. "I'll be at work. Leave the dishes in the washer, bye." He swung his bag over his shoulder and made his way for the door.

"B-bye—oh, wait hyung, can Jimi—?"

-

"Aw, c'mon baby. You can help me out during my rut, can't ya? I'm tired of going through them by myself."

Taehyung shrugged uncomfortably, looking down at his feet. "Uhm, b-because I'm a virgin, and I-I'd like to save my first time for a special night." He mumbled, trying to focus on the TV but recently, Jay has been touchy-feely, complaining lately and extremely horny. As much as he found the alpha attractive, he really didn't want to even start thinking about sex or anything down that aisle. "Besides, I have work, Jay, and...oh—-shit I'm late! I'll see you after, Jay, love you!"

Jay rolled his eyes and laughed. "Yeah, love you too."

Taehyung burst out of the doors, already booking it for the restaurant. He waited by the bus stop for a ride but then realized if he waited even five more minutes he'd be late: and the restaurant was close by, only a couple minutes walk. If he ran, he'd make it in two.

So that's how he ended up at the front, face red from the cold, with Namjoon staring angrily at him from the hostess desk while Jimin was sitting, staring up at Namjoon, his cheeks pink. "Uhm, b-boss, I can explain—"

"In my office." Namjoon's voice was cool. "Now."

Taehyung stared with a bit of surprise at Jimin before padding into Namjoon's office, the room smelling faintly of mint. He sat down slowly in the chair, staring curiously around the office before resting his gaze on the little shelf of photographs. A younger, more immature looking Namjoon staring happily at the camera, his adorable dimples popping out on his cheeks with a young Jungkook by his side holding up bunny ears behind Namjoon. Taehyung giggled softly to himself: this version of Namjoon looked so happy. Behind the two kids were what looked like their parents. A sort of solemn expression captured the older's faces, but before Taehyung could point his finger on it, the door slammed
open and Taehyung jumped.

"What the hell are you doing?" Namjoon muttered, pointing at the chair to seat Taehyung.

"Uh—looking at the photos!" Taehyung responded, sitting down when Namjoon let out a long sigh. "Er, about me being late..."

"Save it." Namjoon cut him off, rubbing his face with his hands tiredly. "If you come late one more time I'm going to seriously fire you." He massaged his temples.

"Oh, y-yeah. I'm sorry about that, I just, y'know, ended up getting carried away while talking to Jay and he, uhm, yeah, we talked for too long." Taehyung smiled until his cheeks squished up from the movement of his lips, and Namjoon stared at his adorably round face for a bit too long. "It won't happen again."

Namjoon's face turned sour and he waved him off. "I don't care about your dumb alpha love life." He rolled his eyes when Taehyung pouted a little and pretended to be busy with the messy files on his desk. "You can go now. And don't screw up, I've noticed you have a hard time controlling your hormones."

Taehyung turned bright red and nodded. "H-hormones...?"

"You can't control yourself very well around alphas. It's a new month, a new month to start new and maybe you should start making new plans and hang out with new people." His eyebrows furrowed together and he glared at Taehyung. "Now go!"

-

your boi is getting contacts

but srsly why is there so much shit for contacts. i had enough trouble with these glasses now i have to have fucking conditioner for contacts tf is this??

someone send help. how to clean contact cases???

anyways enjoy this chapter because i ate pork. 'cause thats what my mom puts in kimchi jiggae and i freaking LOVE kimchi jjigae (ever since 7 yrs old) and i regret it. my stomach is screaming at me. mom why did you make it so spicy couldn't u have put tofu in it instead 😫