22

"Is Daddy okay?"

Taehyung looked up as the nurses walked by, hoping that one of them would allow them to go into Namjoon's room. The word of Namjoon being sick had spread, and with the help of gossip and rumors, all the get-well soon gifts from the workers had been shoved into his arms, in hopes of the younger being able to deliver the gifts to Namjoon, which were in giant piles beside him.

"Kim Taehyung?" A man in a coat looked down and smiled. "You can head on over to Room 217 to see the patient."

Taehyung beckoned Jooyeon up, hobbling over with the chocolates and flowers and gift cards, pushing the door open to see Namjoon looking expectantly at him and a sleeping Jungkook, passed out on top of his brother's chest.

"You're early," Namjoon said softly, and Taehyung cleared his throat. "Didn't know you had enough money to afford all of those bouquets."

Taehyung pushed Jooyeon forward and shrugged. "Ah, they're not from me. They're from the people at work." He set the flowers down, sitting down on one of the chairs and pulling Jooyeon into his lap. The little boy plopped on and hugged the little teddy bear plush he had taken from one of the basket gifts, cooing and mumbling some words while roleplaying with the bear.

Namjoon watched the interaction with a heavy heart. "I'm....I'm sorry."

Taehyung didn't say anything, just looked down at the fluffy top of Jooyeon's head, slightly curly and a dark shade of brown. He knew what Namjoon was apologizing for. Everything, really. The two never said they were in a relationship, yet they scent marked. They don't have a normal relationship of cuddles and 'goodnight's 'good mornings' or 'how was your day's or even pet names. Taehyung would always come to Namjoon's house after work, the two wouldn't speak. They would wash up, get in bed with Jooyeon between them, sleep and repeat.

Taehyung placed his hands on Jooyeon's thighs and pulled him up, wincing as a jolt of pain struck his arms and legs. Namjoon sighed, spotting the evident pain on his face. "Taehyung..."

"It's okay." Taehyung whispered. "You're busy. I can take care of the pup."

Namjoon grit his teeth, eyes fixed on Taehyung's legs and the way they shook as if some incredible weight was on them, even though Jooyeon was only forty pounds. "Taehyung, I have to explain—"

"No, no you don't." Taehyung assured him. "It's okay, I'm telling you I'm okay!"

"You're not." Namjoon said, shaking his head. "We're....this isn't a healthy relationship, and I-I don't wanna relive that moment." His breath shook. "Of the past."

Taehyung bit his lip. Jungkook shifted beside Namjoon, turning. He was still asleep from the looks of it, lips slightly open. "If you don't want me to remember what you said on the phone, I won't tell anyone."

Namjoon looked down. "No. No, Ta—Taehyung. I...I really do like you."

Taehyung bit back the lump in his throat and cursed himself as tears threatened to fall. "I really like you, and...I wanna be your mate, but, in the situation it's hard. You're...you're in pain because of me. Because of Jooyeon: my past mistakes and—and I want to apologize."

Taehyung sniffled and wiped his eyes. "S'okay." He whispered, not knowing what to say.

Namjoon subconsciously took Jungkook's hand and squeezed it, lifting it up and pressing his nose to the gland, breathing in his brother's scent to calm himself down. Although it was obvious his heartrate was increasing due to the damn machine hooked onto him.

"Do you wanna be my mate?" Namjoon asked after a long silence.

Taehyung just smiled. "Yeah."

-

"...if person a traveled at a distance of two miles per hour, and person b traveled at a distance of four point two, how long would it take for them to reach point c? now, this question is..."

Jungkook laid his head in his arms, droning out his teacher's voice. His head pounded and for some reason he felt restless. He told himself that it was because of Namjoon, his brother, still in the hospital because his heartrate kept increasing to a dangerous level, but Jungkook's instincts knew that wasn't the case.

Don't get him wrong. Of course he's worried about his older brother: he couldn't stand knowing that he had gone through so much and was suffering in silence for so long. But right now, he felt hot, his skin clammy and his chest heaving because of the pretty omega boy sitting two desks away from him.

Jimin was obviously still in heat, the lingering scent of sweet goodness in the air around him. But he was on suppressants and the weird herbal teas that Seokjin developed specially for omegas, which made it less tempting by a percent.

Jungkook began to tremble in his seat, and a part of him was afraid of what he'd do if Jimin's scent became too much. The omega didn't even notice! Just sitting there idly, without a care in the world just taking notes, biting his lip and licking them in concentration, his hair slightly tousled from him touching it while taking notes.

He felt sick.

In a good way.

So when Jungkook abruptly stood, his movements sluggish and slow as he teetered on his feet, his teacher stopped talking and all his classmates turned to stare at the handsome young alpha in confusion.

"Jungkook?" His teacher queried, an eyebrow raised. "Is there a problem?"

He could see Jimin's wide gaze from the corner of his eyes, and then his teacher began to realize what was happening. He called up the student president and suddenly, in a daze of his vision, four other alphas were pinning him down and all the omegas being ushered out of the class, including Jimin.

He didn't realize he was thrashing, growling out Jimin's name and trying to fight the other alphas holding him down. How dare they try to take Jimin away from him?! How dare they?!

"Jimin," Jungkook snarled, his eyes a dark and frighteningly lost shade of red. "Why are you taking him away from me?"

"Keep him down, one arm on his neck! Make sure he doesn't bite any of you!" His teacher's voice sounded right beside his ear and Jungkook snapped his jaws, a muffled howl erupting from his chest. "Nurse, hand the needle. Careful, careful..."

Jungkook yelped when something stabbed into the glands in his neck, and his senses began to dull.

"Let go, give him some sp...ace..."

"Is....h...e going.....to be o-.....okay...?"

"Brin.........g Ji-......min...."

-

jungkook's fucking scary when he's in rut.  just keep that in mind. i mean, he's namjoon's brother, of course they're both gonna be furious and possessive during rut :3 like brother like brother