you want her attention

"There's nothing good on." You said, sorta bummed out as you continued to search through all the channels only to keep finding nothing that interested you. "What do you want to watch? Can you give me any ideas?"

You thought she'd be chirpy when she answered you. It's her day off and you plan to spend the day together. But instead of the sound of her sweet voice, all you got was her giggle and the sound of her texting.

"Sana? Sana!" You snapped your fingers in front of her eyes and it quickly caught her attention. She looked up at you, a little confused at first, but smiling soon after as she stared into your eyes.

"Yeah, baby?"

"What do you wanna watch?"

"Oh," she said just as her phone chimed. "Anything is fine, baby."

You sighed as she yet again turned her attention away from you and back to her phone. She was smiling bright, texting away to someone.

"Sana? Who are you talking to?"

She didn't answer and feeling a tad frustrated and in need of her attention after having next to no time with her over the last couple of weeks, an idea came to your mind to get her to focus on you.

You reached over and grabbed her phone out of her hand. She looked at you, a little confused at first, but when you pushed your lips onto hers every thought in her mind slipped away.

You felt her hands on your hips as she reached over to bring you onto her lap. She deepened the kiss for a moment, trailing her hands along your body until they laid gently on your cheeks.

It was only when she needed to take a breath that she pulled back. But her lips hovered over your own, wanting to soak in the blissful moment with you.

"What was that for? I mean, I'm not complaining," She said, making you giggle and drop your forehead against hers. "But still. What's up, baby girl?"

"Had to get your attention somehow." You said and watched her eyes light up. "It's your day off and the first one we get to spend together in what feels like forever. I've missed you and I thought you were more interested in your phone than me."

She rubbed your back, a smile tugging at her lips before she leaned into peck yours a couple of times, which only left you both craving more.

"I'm sorry. I got distracted. But I missed you too, a lot, in fact. I'm happy to have this day to spend with my girl, there's nowhere else I'd rather be today."

You looped your arms around her neck and nudged your nose against her cheek before you brushed your lips against hers for a loving kiss.

"If you want to, we can watch that movie now. I promise to put my phone away for the rest of the day. Today is all about you, about us. I'll give you some suggestions if you're still up for that movie."

"That's sweet, Sana, really." You spoke before pushing your lips onto hers, this kiss more passionate than the others. "But I'd much rather spend some time with you just holding me and kissing me."

You buried your face in her neck and breathed in her smell, letting it fill your lungs. You couldn't resist laying a few kisses on her skin as she held you a little tighter; so close that her heart was beating against yours.

"I don't know how there could be a better way to spend the day, baby girl," she grinned and peppered kisses across your face and your neck, taking her time to give you lots of love and attention, like you so deserved.