waking you for cuddles

She let out another long sigh and ran her hands over her face in frustration.

She knows it's well after two in the morning by now but she's still wide awake. Her mind won't rest and she's cold in the much too spacious bed in the guest room that she decided to spend the night in after the argument you had earlier.

It wasn't all that bad, really. But she figured you could both use a little room to breathe before it got worse. And though she thought it was a great idea at the time, she's regretting it all now.

Because as much as she loves how you decorated this guest room, and the others throughout the house, for friends or family to stay when they came along, it wasn't your shared bed.

She couldn't simply roll over and hug you close, which she really wanted to do. She felt cold and empty without you there and she couldn't sleep no matter how much she tried because her mind was running.

She sat up with a sigh and kicked off the blanket that she'd previously thrown over herself in an attempt to keep herself warm. She let her bare feet pat across the floor until she opened the door.

The hallway was dark and the light in your shared bedroom was off. When she opened the door she was met with the sound of your soft snores. It made her crack a smile, though her heart was starting to ache.

She made her way to the bed and tried to crawl into her side but you were sleeping there. She gnawed at her lip while slowly reaching for your hand. She wanted to hold it in her own. She wanted to intertwine your fingers with hers and give it squeeze after squeeze to remind you that it was all okay if you felt at all worried.

"Y/n?" She whispered in the dark and ran her hand along your shoulder. "Baby? Wake up." She said, voice now louder than a whisper, but still soft.

Your eyes opened upon feeling the touch of her hand. You lifted your cheek from her pillow and blinked a few times to adjust to the darkness.

"Sana? What,"

Before you could even finish your question she asked,

"Can you cuddle with me?"

She was sad. You could tell it by her voice and though it was dark, you knew she was pouting.

"I can't sleep without you. I need you. Can we cuddle... please?"

Your heart was melting and any thoughts that were swirling through your brain about the argument you'd shared hours ago faded completely from your mind.

"I was hoping you'd say that." You confessed and moved over to your side before patting the spot where she lays. The blankets rustled slightly as she crawled in beside you. You moved your head to her chest and listened to the beat of her heart as you finally felt the comfort you've been missing.

She tangled her legs with yours and fixed the blanket over you both before she said,

"Look up."

You lifted your head and felt her lips smash onto yours.

The kiss was soft and sweet. It felt like there was a beat in your heart once more and your chest was filling with butterflies as you melted into her sweet kisses; cherishing each one she gave you.

"I love you."

"Love you too, y/n." She whispered softly and smiled when you put your head back on her chest. "And about earlier,"

"Don't." You interrupted. "Don't worry about it. You're already forgiven and it's already forgotten about. No more worries. Let's just cuddle and sleep now."

"Okay." She said, kissing the crown of your head. "Have sweet dreams, angel. I love you so much."

"love you more, Sana." You mumbled back as your eyes closed.

"Not possible." She replied. "I love you the most."