toxic parents (requested)

"Hang on one second!" Sana called out as she made her way to the front door of the dorm.

She reached it a second later and turned the knob to open the door, only to find you standing there.

"Y/N, baby? What are you doing here so late?" She asked and then frowned as she watched you wipe your eyes.

"Can I come in?" You sniffled.

"Of course, baby." She said and stepped aside, allowing you to enter the dorm.

She closed the door after and then came up behind you to pull you into her arms.

"What happened?"

"My parents." You sniffled again as you took a seat at the table.

Sana let out a sad sigh as she took a seat beside you.

Scooting her chair as close as it could get to yours, she placed her hand over yours and brushed her thumb across your knuckles.

"What happened now?"

You shook your head as you reflected on the things that had been said by your parents, feeling the ache from the hurtful words they'd spoken.

"Telling me about how I'll never measure up to others in the family. That I'm not good enough and that they wish I was more like my siblings."

Sana hung her head and shook it in disbelief.

"Apparently, other people in my family are doing such big things and I'm never going to compare to them. They invaded my privacy by going through my journal, where I write out my feelings. They told me that I'm stupid and a disappointment."

"Oh, baby. You know you aren't stupid or a disappointment, right?"

You wordlessly shrugged your shoulders as a tear slipped down your cheek.

You've been dealing with your parents' toxic behaviors for a long time now.

Part of you feels numb towards it while another part of you feels every little thing.

"They tell me that I'm worthless, that no one will ever love me, that I'm useless, that I was a mistake..." You paused and looked up at her as you sobbed. "It gets hard sometimes, Sana. Sometimes I feel as though I really am those things. If my parents, the ones who are meant to love me the most, say they wish I was like someone else or that I'm a disappointment... maybe I am."

"No. Don't you ever say that." She said as she lifted your chin with her fingers. "You are perfect just the way that you are. You are not meant to be like someone else, you're meant to be who you are. Your parents are just too toxic to see that."

You sniffled and hung your head.

"Can I stay here?"

"Of course you can, baby. You can stay as long as you want. The girls won't mind."

"Can I stay permanently? I don't think I can take anymore."

She nodded before pulling you into her arms.

You buried your face in her neck and cried, feeling the weight of your parents' words and wishes weigh heavily on your shoulders and your mind.

It was extremely painful to hear the things they said to you.

It was hard to see them invade your privacy and see that they have no respect for you or your boundaries.

"You're so loved, Y/N. I love you, the girls love you, and my family loves you. You've got a lot of people that love you. You're perfect just as you are, okay? I don't ever want you to change for anyone, not a single person. The things they say to you are untrue. They're never going to be true. You aren't useless or a mistake. You're incredible and I can't imagine life without you."

"My parents can, apparently."

"Well, your parents can screw off for all I care. Because I've had enough." She pulled away from the hug and gently cupped your cheeks in her hands. "Your parents are just toxic, Y/N. You don't deserve that. You don't deserve any of this."

You sniffled as you put your forehead on hers.

"You're not going back there. Not ever. They won't ever hurt you again, I won't let them."

You cracked a little smile, though it was full of sadness.

"I need you to hang in there. Because better days are ahead, Y/N. You're staying here from now on until we can get our own place together, and I'm going to shower you with love and praise every day until you know that you're worthy and perfect."

This time, when you smiled again, there was a little happiness behind it.

"I need you to not give up, for me, okay? We're going to get through this. You're stronger than you realize."

"Okay." You said before laying your cheek on her shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you more." She said as she kissed your head. "I promise, you won't ever get called those things again. Not ever."

And you knew she was being honest.

Because your home was with her now and, eventually, when you were ready, you'd cut your toxic parents off.

Because you deserve better and Sana has helped you realize that.