cravings (requested)

You turned over onto your right side, now face to face with your girlfriend who was still sound asleep.

You got to bed a couple of hours ago and until a few minutes ago, you were sleeping fine.

But you woke up suddenly with a strong craving for some of your favorite chips. The taste of the salt on them sounded so good that it made your mouth water.

You checked for them downstairs but you couldn't find any, despite looking everywhere.

You're filled with disappointment but you crawled back under the covers with Sana and tried to get back to sleep so you wouldn't worry about disturbing her sleep.

But that was much easier said than done.

You're uncomfortable and the cravings won't stop, almost making you want to cry as they become more and more intense.

You brushed your fingers across Sana's arms mindlessly, biting at your lip as you tried to stop thinking about the salty chips you craved so terribly.

Lost in your thoughts, you didn't even realize that Sana had stirred from her sleep, and her eyes were now open.

She wrapped her fingers around yours and yawned tiredly before speaking.

"What's the time?"

"A little after two in the morning."

She groaned before laying her cheek on her pillow.

"And why are you awake?" She asked before putting her hand on your stomach.

"No reason. Go back to sleep."

"Not happening. I know there's something wrong. Don't worry me, just tell me what it is so I can help." She said as she brushed her fingers across your little bump, still completely fascinated by it.

"I'm craving something."

She nodded for you to continue.

"Chips, which we don't have any of."

"Oh. Babe, you should've said so sooner. You could've woken me up and I would've gone out to get you some." She said as she kissed your cheek.

"I didn't want to disturb your sleep."

"Well, I'm awake now. So, let's go get you those chips."

She turned on the lamp as she said those words, ready to get up and dressed to take you to the store and get you what you need.

She watched as your eyes lit up and the brightest smile appeared on your face and her heart melted at the sight.

Pregnancy hasn't been easy on you so far. You're about four months along and Sana has been by your side through everything big and small and she continues to promise you every day that, that won't change no matter what.

And she can't help the way she's completely in awe of you, swearing that every day she just falls even more in love with you.

She's happy to help you in any way that she can and if you need some potato chips at two in the morning, she's happy to get out of bed and drive to the nearest store to buy you just that; and lots of bags of them, at that.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to," she said before walking to your side of the bed, her lips touching your cheek.

"No, I want to." You smiled and got up from the bed, slipping on your shoes before taking Sana's hand and going down the stairs to the car.

She drove off to the store, one hand on the wheel and the other in yours.

Every red light that she hit, her eyes were on you, traveling to your small bump. It gets a little bigger each day, your little angel growing little by little, and it brings tears to her eyes at times when she thinks about how truly in love she already is with them.

"Are you okay?" Sana asked as she put her hand on your stomach, hitting another red light.

"Yeah. Fine. Just hungry."

"Well, you won't be for much longer. I promise." She grinned and kissed your temple before she started to drive again.

"Thank you for driving me up here. We love you."

We.

Her heart began to race and a giant smile tugged at her lips over that word.

"I love you both so much." She said as she turned into the parking lot, pulling into the spot closest to the door before she pulled out the keys and got out of the car with you.

She put her arm around you when you got into the store. You quickly walked to the aisle where the chips would be and excitedly grabbed a few bags, making Sana chuckle.

"Grab enough, cutie?" She asked with bright eyes and took the bags out of your hands before walking to the checkout.

She quickly paid for them before you walked out the doors and right away, you tore into one of the bags and started to munch on the delicious snack, the salt satisfying all of your cravings.

"Are they good?" She wondered as she brushed her fingers along your stomach. "Baby liking them?"

"Yes! They're so good." You said and Sana's heart fluttered over how content you seemed to be now.

It's all she wants. For you to be happy and comfortable.

She's always only wanted that for you, but even more so since finding out that you're pregnant.

She cares about you; both of you.

She'll do whatever it takes to ensure that you're the happiest you can be.

"Thank you, Sana. I feel so much better now."

"Don't thank me, darling. I'd do anything for the two of you. I love you both lots." She said and kissed your bump before kissing your forehead softly.

"Love you too." You said as you continued to eat on the salty snack as she pulled out of the parking lot and headed back home, happy that you felt better so you could both get some much-needed sleep once you got back home and into bed.