baby's first birthday (requested)

The feeling of Sana's hands falling to your hips brought a smile to your face.

You watched your little girl from where you stood in the kitchen, the cake you got for her first birthday today set on the counter as you finished the last few final touches, just to make sure it was all perfect.

"Are you okay? You've been a little quiet today." Sana spoke as she brushed her fingers across your hips.

"Yeah. Just been a little busy. Between taking photos and videos of her, finishing all of the food, and making sure her cake is perfect - I've been on my feet a lot."

"Well, you're doing great." She smiled. "She looks so happy. That's all that matters."

"Yeah." You said before pulling away from Sana, looking at the cake. "Do you think it looks good? Do you think she'll like it?"

Sana chuckled as she came to your side, her hand falling to the small of your back as she looked at the cake that you made.

"It looks amazing, baby." She said as she admired all of the flowers you designed with the frosting, as well as the words 'happy first birthday, baby' written in frosting. "Don't take this the wrong way but I don't think she'll care what it looks like. She'll probably wear more of it than eat it."

You couldn't help but laugh.

She wasn't wrong on that one.

"Ready?"

You nodded and Sana carefully picked up the cake before carrying it to the dining room, where everyone else was.

The girls were all there, as well as your close family and friends, and Sana's too.

Your little girl sat at the table on Sana's mom's lap, babbling and playing with her birthday hat that she'd to be pretty entertaining.

"Here we go, sweet girl." You said as you went over to your daughter. "It's your first birthday cake!"

"The first of many," Sana grinned.

Sana's mom carefully put the baby into your arms before you went back to Sana's side, your little girl in your arms as you stood over the cake on the table.

Although your little girl had no idea what the words to happy birthday were, everyone sang to her regardless.

Being the happy baby that she is, with all eyes on her and everyone cooing over how cute she is, she was laughing and smiling the whole time.

"Happy birthday!" Everyone said at the same time, causing your daughter's eyes to get bigger.

There was one candle on the cake and since she couldn't blow it out on her own, you and Sana did it for her.

"Want to try some cake, darling?" Sana asked as you took a seat at the table together.

You put a slice of cake on a plate in front of her and Sana swiped her finger across the icing, putting it to her lips to eat it.

"So yummy. You try it."

Your little girl looked from Sana and to the cake.

Reaching her small hands out, she put them into the cake and started to bring pieces of it to her mouth.

Sana giggled as she watched your little girl get cake all across her face as she put some pieces into her mouth but mostly got it on her chin and cheeks.

"Is that good?" You giggled as you kissed the baby's head softly. "You seem to love it!"

It warmed your heart to see her smiling and giggling.

She's been yours' and Sana's entire world since she came into it. It's hard to believe it was a year ago. For you, until you had her, it didn't feel like time went by very fast at all.

But since becoming a mom, you realize you were wrong. Because it doesn't drag by and it doesn't go by quickly. It flies.

Caught up in your thoughts about how much she's growing up and how much you love her, you teared up and Sana was quick to notice.

"Are you okay?" She whispered in your ear.

"Yeah. She's just growing up so fast. Before we know it, she'll be in kindergarten."

"Oh, my love," Sana chuckled as she put her head on yours. "It's okay. We've still got lots of time ahead with her. It does go by fast but we'll cherish every second. That's all that matters."

You nodded and shared a quick kiss.

You leaned over and put your head near your daughter's, watching as she ate her cake. Or, well, ate a couple of bites while wearing the rest of it.

Smiling at you, she put some of the cake onto her tiny hand and put it into your mouth, making everyone laugh.

"Happy birthday, my baby. I hope you're as happy as you are right now for the rest of your life." You spoke before kissing her head and then laying your cheek on Sana's shoulder, so grateful for how your life turned out.