why won't you say it back? (requested)

"Are you getting sleepy?" Sana asked you as she brushed her fingers through your hair.

She could tell that your eyes were getting heavy as you fought to keep them open as you lay in bed, cuddling as you watch a cozy movie together.

"Yeah, I guess so." You mumbled before yawning quietly.

"How about we finish the movie in the morning then? For now, let's just go to sleep."

You nodded at her suggestion and she turned off the tv and the lamp before looking down at you.

You went to roll over and close your eyes, only for Sana to push her lips onto yours for a short but sweet kiss.

"Goodnight, baby. I hope you have sweet dreams. I love you!" She grinned and you just rolled away from her without a word.

Sana could've played it off as you being too tired to say much of anything but not hearing you say I love you hurts a little.

She whined and curled up as close to you as she could. She laid her cheek on the back of your shoulder before turning her head so she could kiss your soft skin.

"I love you," she mumbled and you didn't have to see her face to know she was pouting. "Babe? Did you hear me?" She asked as she poked your shoulder repeatedly.

"I heard you, Sana," you mumbled as you held back a laugh.

"You heard? Why won't you say it back?" She whined. "Say it back. Please, darling?"

You hummed quietly in response and she groaned.

"I love you! I will keep pestering you by poking you all night. I might even tickle you if you don't tell me that you love me too."

You chuckled and rolled over to face her.

"You need me to say it, baby?"

"Yes!" She pouted. "Please."

"Sana, I'm just messing with you." You smiled as you stroked her cheek. "It's just a little prank. That's all. You know I love you. I love you so very much."

"That's not nice." She grumbled. "But I am happy to hear you say that you love me. I love hearing the words fall from your lips. So, I guess I can forgive you... if you say it again and kiss me."

She puckered her lips and closed her eyes and you giggled over how adorable she is.

You kissed her lips a few times and when you pulled away, she was smiling brightly.

"I love you, baby. I love you lots."

"I love you too." She said and pecked your lips twice before she pulled you close and held you tight as you drifted off to sleep together.