her being a red-flag girlfriend - part two (requested)

Sana let out a heavy sigh as she waved her hand in front of your face.

"Y/N?" She spoke with a frustrated voice.

"Hm? What?" You spoke as you snapped out of your thoughts.

"I was talking to you. Did you not hear me?" She asked as she folded her arms over her chest.

"I'm just thinking." You quietly spoke as you tried to work up the courage to tell her what was on your mind.

"You're supposed to be listening to me. We're talking, aren't we?"

"Well... no. You are."

"And you're not listening because...?"

"Because I'm thinking, Sana!" You snapped.

"Jeez, what's gotten into you?" She scoffed.

You rolled your eyes at her and then shook your head at her.

You and Sana have been going at this since you woke up a while ago.

And by going at this, you're talking about the fact that she's basically told you that you can't be friends with anyone anymore.

That you only need her and that she was the only one who cared about you.

And, quite frankly, you were getting tired of it.

"I don't know. How about the fact that you're treating me like I'm a child right now? Or, perhaps, the better way to say it would be that you're acting like you're the boss of me rather than my girlfriend."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you not hear yourself? We had this same conversation last night. You're trying to get me to stop being friends with the people I care about!"

"Like her?" She asked, clenching her jaw.

You know who she meant by her.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Courtney.

Your new friend.

The same source of her jealousy and control last night.

"I told you already. I don't have feelings for her and she doesn't have feelings for me. But she is my friend. So, yes, I care about her. Like I do with my other friends."

"They're bad for you."

"They're some of the nicest and most compassionate people in this world. Friends like them are hard to find. I'm not buying into your manipulation. You want me to cut my friends off completely so it'll be just us."

"And what's wrong with that?" She wondered.

"Sana, I love you but-"

"But what? I'm not good enough for you?"

"I never said that!"

"You care about your friends more than you care about me."

"And you care about yourself more than you care about me!" You shouted. "You know what? I'm so over this. I can't take this jealousy and control anymore. I'm done."

You walked to the closet and grabbed the duffel bag you secretly packed last night after Sana fell asleep.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Far away from you!" You replied as you walked downstairs. "You're too much. I can't do this."

"No one will ever love you the way I do!" She said as she followed you as you stormed out of the house.

"This is love to you? Control? Manipulation? Jealousy? Anger? Trying to make me cut everyone else in my life so I can only be with you? That's a fucked up definition of love, Sana."

You threw your bag into your car and then got into the driver's seat.

"Fine. Walk away. But you will never find someone like me! I care about you more than anyone else does."

"Lies. The only one you care about is yourself!" You said before you started to pull out of the driveway. "I hope you take a look in the mirror and make some changes before finding someone else. Because they're going to leave you too if this is how you treat them. You will always be alone unless you change."

You drove away as Sana hung her head.

Your words had gotten under her skin.

But she knew, deep down, that she deserved it and they were all true.

Maybe this would be the wake-up call she truly needed.