what are we going to do? (requested)

You rested your head comfortably on Sana's shoulder as she brushed her hand across your back, making you feel warm and calm on this late night.

"You know what we should do?" She asked, breaking the silence in the air.

"What?"

"Talk about the future together. It's late and it's a little romantic."

"Okay." You agreed. "So, Sana, tell me. When you think about our future together, what do you see?"

"I see us living in a big, beautiful house together." She answered, smiling a little. "I see a few dogs and wedding rings on our fingers. I see a few kids running in the yard. I like to think that we adopt a couple of them and have a couple of our own. And I see me still being an idol, though I've settled down a bit and I'm not as active as I am now."

You shifted around in her embrace and Sana could tell right away that you were feeling a little uncomfortable.

"What is it, my love? What'd I say?"

You pulled out of her arms and sat up against the pillows before gazing at her with a serious expression.

"Sana, I don't exactly see the same thing. I don't like kids."

Her heart dropped over your words.

"What do you mean you don't like kids? You don't want to have any?"

"Not really, no." You answered as a sinking feeling washed over you. "I don't like the thought of being a mom all that much. Kids can be so annoying sometimes and the thought of one actually coming out of me? God, it scares the hell out of me."

"Do you think that your feelings about that will ever change?" She asked with a look of worry in her eyes. "Because, otherwise, Y/N, I don't know how we're going to work this out. Because I do want kids."

You reached for her hand and held it in yours as the silence hit the air.

Neither of you knew what to say.

Because your thoughts and opinions on the subject have been this way for a while.

And it's an obvious fact that if one partner doesn't want kids when the other does, things just won't work out.

"What are we going to do?" You asked.

"If we don't want the same thing, I think we're going to have to break up," Sana answered.

You swallowed the lump in your throat and took in a shaky breath as Sana's hands started to shake over the thought of losing you.

You don't want to lose her.

Sana's the only one you can actually see yourself having a future with, a happy one.

And the thought of ending things with her breaks your heart.

"Can we sleep on it?" You asked. "And talk about it more in the morning?"

"Yeah." She spoke quietly. "Yeah, we can do that."

You laid back down but not in her arms.

Things felt different now and not in a good way.

There was only one way this would end if this topic wasn't something you could agree on and that's the last thing you wanted.

"Goodnight." She said as she reached out to take your hand. "I love you."

"I love you too." You spoke, voice cracking.

You didn't know what was going to happen and you've never been as afraid of losing something in all your life as you felt now.