seeing each other in public for the first time since breaking up (requested)

You opened the door to the cafe and stepped inside.

It's been a long day so far and you're desperately in need of your favorite drink to help you feel re-energized.

You got in line, standing behind only one person that was in the midst of ordering her drink.

You pulled out your phone to occupy yourself until it was your turn to order and just a few seconds later, you saw the girl that was in front of you spin around.

And to your surprise, it was a familiar face.

"Y/N,"

It was Momo.

"Oh, hey." You smiled and slipped your phone into your pocket.

"It's been a while since we've last seen each other. How have you been doing?"

"Um..." You paused and lowered your gaze to your feet. "Alright, I guess."

She put her hand on your arm in a friendly manner, just wordlessly trying to bring you a little comfort.

She knows that the breakup between you and Sana has been rough on both of you and so she wasn't surprised to see that you weren't really doing too well.

"So what are you doing here?" You asked her.

"I'm actually meeting up with-"

Before she could finish her sentence, the door to the cafe opened again and Sana stepped inside.

"Momo, I'm here!" She said as she made her way to her friend. "Who are you talking to?"

She froze when you lifted your head to look at her and for the first time in what seemed like forever ago, your eyes locked.

"Y/N," She said before her breath hitched. "You look... good."

"Thanks." You said as you tried not to stare at her. "So do you."

"Thank you." She spoke.

"I'm going to go over to a table. Take your time." Momo told her before stepping away, giving you two some privacy.

"It's been so long. How have you been?"

"Great. I'm great." You lied, chuckling afterward.

"Oh, me too," Sana spoke. "I'm doing so great. We have a comeback approaching."

"That's cool. You know I'll listen to it."

A bittersweet feeling flooded over her as she heard you say those words.

You always were her biggest fan and her biggest supporter.

So hearing you say that brought a smile to her face, though it faded quickly.

"Can I be honest with you? I'm not doing very great." She confessed. "God, I just push through every day and I try to do whatever I can to keep my mind off of you but the truth is you're still always on my mind. Even over these last three months."

"Sana,"

"I miss you."

"I miss you too." You confessed. "I miss you a lot."

"Okay, so then let's get back together." She said and her heart dropped when she saw you shake your head.

"We can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because we broke up for a reason. Remember? You were too overwhelmed with work to focus on anything and the hate was too intense for me. I was getting death threats daily."

"But can't we find a way to work things out? I miss you a lot, Y/N. Seeing you after so long has made those memories just rush back to me. I love you."

You swallowed thickly as she tried to grab your hand.

"I have to go." You said as a rush of anxiety flooded over you.

"Wait, Y/N, please!" She said as you hurried out of the cafe.

"What do I do?" She asked Momo, who had witnessed the whole thing.

"Go after her!" Momo encouraged.

And Sana did as she suggested, exiting the cafe to follow after you and try to win you back again.