your son gets in a fight (requested)

"Don't you dare go upstairs to your room just yet!" Sana warned your son as the three of you walked into the house. "We're going to have a long conversation before you do that."

Your thirteen-year-old son, Levi, looked at you and Sana before rolling his eyes.

"What I did isn't that big of a deal." He said.

"Levi, how can you say that? You punched a boy in the face!" Sana yelled.

Sana has never raised her voice at your son.

It's something she doesn't believe in doing.

She's only ever yelled at him when they're being playful or he's in the other room and she needs him for something.

So to hear her yelling at him now tells you just how upset she is with your son.

"This is a great school, you're a smart boy who gets good grades, and what do you do? You get into a fight! You got suspended!"

"Fine! I'm sorry!" He yelled back at her.

"You're telling that to the wrong person. You were supposed to tell the kid you punched that you're sorry, yet you refused."

"Yeah, I have my reasons for that. Just let me go to my room!"

"No! Levi, you're not walking away from this." Sana said.

You stood in the background, feeling a little awkward and unsure of what to do or say as you watch your wife and son argue.

"Do you know how serious this is? Do you even care about your future? Do you even care that you broke this kid's nose? You could've seriously hurt him. Much worse than he was hurt."

"Whatever."

"No, not 'whatever'. Levi, you're scaring us. Why would you hurt someone?"

"Because!" Levi yelled back at his mom.

"Because? That's not an answer." Sana said as she folded her arms over her chest. "Give us an explanation!"

"Because he always picks on me!" Levi yelled back. "Okay? I know you're mad. I know you're disappointed. But he picks on me all the time and I'm tired of it!"

Sana unfolded her arms, feeling all the anger she felt drift away as you both stared at your son in sadness.

His knuckles were sore and a little bruised after punching the kid a few times, enough to break his nose.

It was a sad sight to see.

You felt angry, too.

But just like Sana, your anger faded at your son's words.

"He always tells me I'm a nerd because I'm the one getting the best grades in the class. He pushes me, he calls me names, he trips me in the halls and everyone laughs at me. He makes me feel bad about myself. I had enough today!"

You and Sana opened your arms for him and, at first, he was surprised.

But he walked to the two of you and hugged you tightly.

"We didn't know that," Sana said.

"Because I didn't want to tell either of you. I wanted to handle it on my own."

"Levi, you're a tough kid. You can handle things on your own. But not like this." You said as you rubbed his back.

"You can't fight fire with fire," Sana said. "You should've told someone. You shouldn't have punched him."

"I know. I just got fed up."

You both understood that.

You know that someone can only take so much before they snap.

Nonetheless, violence wasn't acceptable for either of you.

"You have to talk to your teachers and principal tomorrow and explain everything." You said.

"And please, come to us if you're ever being bullied. Please don't ever get violent again." Sana pleaded.

"Okay. I promise." Levi assured, bringing you both some relief.

"Is there anything we can do? Are you hurt?"

"No." He answered.

"I'm sorry I got so angry. I just love you and don't want you to ruin your life by getting into fights." Sana explained.

"I understand." He said as he hugged Sana. "I love you too. I'm sorry and I promise to not get into any more fights."

You joined in on the hug, thankful that everything was okay between them now.