calling my girlfriend my wife (requested)

The sound of holiday music and laughter filled your ears as you walked through the door of your parents' home.

The holiday season has come around once more and this year is the most special of them all because you've got Sana.

Your family and their friends were all inside, making for a huge gathering, as it always is during the holidays.

It's nothing new for you but it was a little surprising for Sana.

She's very close with your parents, bonding with them so much that they consider her to be part of the family now.

But she hasn't met your other family members, such as your aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Seeing so many unfamiliar faces around the home she's been in a few times during these lovely ten months that you've been dating was a little intimidating.

She squeezed your hand a little as the sound of laughter and voices got loud as you neared the room everyone was in - the kitchen.

"I'm a little nervous." She said as she stopped walking and just looked at you with worried eyes.

"Sana, baby, there's no need to be nervous. It's okay. You already know my parents and you know they love you! Everyone else here is going to love you too."

She took in a deep breath and after you kissed her cheek softly, she nodded her head.

"Okay. I'm ready."

You brought her hand to your lips and kissed her knuckles softly before walking into the kitchen with her.

Heads turned immediately as you said hello and people came up to you and Sana right away.

"Y/N, hi!" One of your aunts kindly spoke before hugging you, your uncle joining her side to do the same a second later.

"It's so nice to see you!" Your uncle said before he and your aunt looked at your girlfriend.

"And who is this pretty girl here?" Your aunt asked.

"Isn't she stunning?" You asked, causing Sana's cheeks to become warm as she grew a little flustered over the compliment in front of your family. "This is my gorgeous wife, Sana."

Your aunt and uncle were surprised to hear you say that but not nearly as much as Sana was.

"Wife? Did you just call me your wife, baby?" Sana asked as your eyes met and a beautiful smile tugged at her lips.

"Okay, so, is Sana your wife or not?" Your uncle asked in confusion.

"Well-"

"Not yet." Sana interrupted. "Someday, though, absolutely."

Your heart started to flutter at the thought and you only became more flustered over the situation as Sana softly kissed your cheek.

"I love you." She whispered in your ear, causing a giggle to fall from your lips.

"You make such a cute couple!" Your aunt grinned. "Well, if there's a wedding someday-"

"Not if," Sana corrected. "When."

"When," your aunt laughed. "When your wedding comes around, we better be invited."

"Absolutely." You said.

"See you both later."

They walked away and as soon as they were out of sight, Sana pulled you by your hand out of the room to have a little privacy.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call you my wife. I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable or put you in an awkward position."

"What?" She chuckled as she brushed her fingers across your cheek. "You didn't, sweet girl. I liked it."

"You did? You meant everything you said back there?"

"Wholeheartedly." She said as she gazed into your eyes.

"Good. Because, sometimes, I call you my wife and I love the way it sounds."

"I've called you my wife a couple of times before. Around the girls. I love the way it sounds, too."

You shared a couple of sweet kisses before you pulled away to lean into her touch as she placed her hand on your cheek.

"I love you lots, Sana."

"I love you lots too, future Mrs. Minatozaki," She excitedly spoke and something about the way it fell from your lips caused your heart to jump with happiness.

She took your hand and led you back into the kitchen with your family, looking forward to a beautiful and bright future with you.