the first time you say I love you (requested)

"Sana?" You called out as you opened the front door of her house. "Baby? Where are you? Is everything okay?"

You froze as you closed the door behind you.

You had caught a glimpse of the rose petals all across the living room floor and as you followed them into the kitchen, you noticed two plates of your favorite food on the kitchen table.

To make it even more beautiful and romantic, the lights were dimmed and there were a few lit candles on the table, a cozy scent filling the air; one of amber and vanilla blossom.

"Hello, sweet girl!" Sana grinned as she suddenly hugged you from behind.

"Hi, baby." You said as you turned around, smiling as your eyes met hers. "I got your text. You startled me at first."

She chuckled as she brushed her fingers across your back, which brought you immense comfort.

She texted you just a few minutes ago saying that she needed you to come over as soon as possible.

It was a little worrying, your mind instinctively wandering to the worst situation possible.

But you're so relieved to find that Sana just had something special up her sleeve.

"Well, I didn't know what else to say. I worried the food would get cold!"

"It looks and smells amazing."

"Thanks, darling!" She grinned and kissed you softly. "I wanted to do something special for you?"

"For what?"

"Because I'm crazy about you and you deserve things like this. You're incredible."

Your heart melted at her words, swelling up in your chest as you gazed at her.

"I made your favorite meal! I remember you telling me about how much you love it and I wanted to try and make it for you. Hopefully, I did everything right." She chuckled as she took your hand and led you to the table.

Her words were sweet but you only heard half of them.

You were too caught up in your thoughts.

Your mind was full of thoughts about how much you love her, how she's your whole entire world.

How did you ever get so lucky?

To be able to spend every day falling even more in love with Sana Minatozaki felt so surreal.

Oh...

Falling even more in love with her.

That is when it hit you, flooding over you in an inexpressible rush you couldn't even put into words.

It was something like you've never felt before.

The love you felt for her. It was intense and it was beautiful and you realized then and there that you love her more than you've ever loved anyone or anything before.

"Y/N? Baby, are you okay? Are you even listening?" She giggled as she stroked your cheek, pulling you out of your thoughts.

You looked into her eyes and bit your lip.

"Y/N? What is it?"

You took a deep breath, a little nervous to say the three words on your tongue.

But you wanted to say them.

You needed her to know.

"I love you."

She let out a soft gasp, your words taking her completely by surprise.

"I love you a lot. I can't hold it back, I can't keep it to myself. I just love you too much."

She just stared at you for a moment before she smiled brightly at you.

"I love you too."

"You do?"

"Yeah, of course, you silly goose!" She giggled and you couldn't help but do the same. "Of course I love you. You think I'd do all of this for you if I didn't? I've been wanting to say it, I just worried it'd be too much too soon."

"No, it's perfect. Like you, Sana."

"Oh, now you're just being cheesy." She said as she put her hands on your hips and pulled you closer. "But thank you. I love you so much, y/n."

"I love you too, baby." You smiled before putting your arms around her neck and your lips on hers, sharing one of the sweetest and most romantic kisses you've ever shared.