she misses her parents in Japan (requested)

"What's the matter, baby? Come on, you can tell me." You said as you rubbed Sana's back soothingly.

You were holding her in your arms, trying to get her to open up and talk to you.

She's been down and quiet since you both woke up this morning.

At first, you didn't think much of it, though, of course, you did ask her if something was bothering her.

But she shook her head and told you that she was okay.

Some time has gone by since then but she hasn't cheered up at all, no matter what you do to try to make her feel better.

And at this point, all you want is for her to talk to you so you can find a way to make things okay again.

"What's got you so down, my love?" You asked.

"I don't know." She quietly spoke.

"That's untrue, we both know it."

"I just..." She paused. "I miss my parents."

You weren't surprised to hear that.

You completely understand how she feels.

Her parents are in Japan and even though it's just a few hours to get to them, she hasn't had the free time to go and see them.

The distance and time apart are starting to get to her and she doesn't know how to handle it at times.

"I haven't seen them in so long and I miss them so much. It's hard being away from them and not having time to go see them."

"I know, baby." You said as you started to comfort her.

Tears started to fall down her cheeks and your heart shattered as she began to sob.

"I would do anything to see them soon but we have so much happening and we have so much coming up. We won't have the time for me to leave for a few days or weeks to visit them. It just hurts."

She turned around so she could bury her face in your neck.

"I'm so sorry, Sana. I know it's hard being away from them. You work so hard and so tirelessly that even taking the time to see them is next to impossible and I know how hard that is on you. I wish I could do something to help."

She continued to cry as you held her tight.

"Shh, baby, it's alright."

You did your best to comfort her as Sana let everything out, her tears falling against your skin.

You felt her sadness too and you just wanted to do something to make it okay.

Then an idea came to your mind; perhaps you could bring Sana's parents here to her if she couldn't go to them.

That was the next best thing, right?

You know she misses Japan and she misses her home sometimes but you know, more than anything, she misses her parents most and she'd do anything to see them.

That's exactly what you were going to do.

You knew in your heart that you had to talk to them later and get them here as soon as possible so Sana would feel better.

But you wanted to keep it a surprise.

So you decided to keep your plan to yourself and comfort her instead.

"Let it all out, baby. It's okay, I've got you." You said as you kissed her head.

Her heart ached so much that words couldn't even begin to express her feelings.

All she could do was hold onto you and cry.

"Why don't we call your parents? You can video chat with them and talk to them for a while."

"It's not the same." She cried. "I want to hug them and tell them I love them in person, not through a screen."

You nodded understandingly.

"I get that, baby. I'm sure you'll be able to see them soon."

"Yeah, sometime next year. Probably months from now." She sniffled. "Not soon enough."

You sighed sadly as you held her tight.

"I'm sorry, baby. What can I do?"

"Just hold me. I just need some comfort." She said.

"I've got you. I won't let you go. I'll give you all the comfort you need, I promise." You said and kissed her head lovingly.

She continued to cry, knowing it was okay for her to do so while wrapped in your embrace.

You just hoped your plan would work out and soon, all of her heartache would fade away for a while; for as long as possible.