what are we going to do? - part two (requested)

"Hey, there you are," Sana said as she came downstairs to find you sitting at the kitchen counter.

"Hey." You said as you continued to lose yourself in your thoughts.

Sana sat down beside you and grabbed your hand in hers.

Neither of you said anything for a moment; you just sat there in silence, wondering what you should do and where you should go from here.

"So... about what we talked about last night-"

"Can I go first?" You interrupted and Sana could sense the urgency you felt in needing to say whatever was on your mind.

So she nodded her head and let you talk instead.

"I did a lot of thinking. I barely slept last night because I couldn't stop thinking. I thought about our future together and how I can't imagine life without you."

"I can't imagine life without you either, baby." She said as she became sadder.

"I know I said I don't want kids and I did so much thinking about that, more than I ever have before. I meant what I said about not wanting to have one come out of me, that scares the hell out of me."

She chuckled quietly before nodding her head understandingly.

"But I thought about how much I love you and I realized that I never wanted kids with anyone else before... but with you, it doesn't sound all that bad. I mean, I don't want to be the one they come out of but there are many different ways we could have kids and I kinda like the idea. But only with you."

"So... are you saying you do want kids with me?"

"In time, probably. I mean, not right now. Not for a while."

"I agree with you on that. But... eventually?"

"Yeah." You said with a small smile. "Maybe one or two."

"That sounds perfect to me. Maybe three, possibly four?"

You playfully rolled your eyes at her, making her giggle.

"Don't press it, that sounds stressful."

"It's okay, I agree." She giggled.

"But yeah, but eventually we could have a family together. But can we wait a few years for that? I'm not ready yet." You said with a look of terror in your eyes and she couldn't help but giggle.

"It's alright, my love. Don't worry, I'm not ready for that yet either. So yeah, that sounds like a plan to me." She smiled before pulling you in for a hug.

"The thought of you as a mom is what really won me over. I know you'll be so great at it." You said as you thought about her as a mom once more, your heart melting as you did so.

"Thanks, baby. You will be too, whenever that day comes." She said as she rubbed your back. "Even if we have just one kid, I'd be happy."

"Me too." You said and Sana smiled from ear to ear.

She was so happy and so relieved about the conclusion you'd come to.

She wasn't ready to take that step just yet, so there was no need to rush it.

But she was just happy that someday, you'd be able to experience motherhood together, something she really wants but only with you.