Prologue

Elsa Rogers had a normal life growing up, we as normal as it could be having superheroes as parents

Elsa Rogers had a normal life growing up, we as normal as it could be having superheroes as parents. Not to mention having the infamous Loki, God of Mischief as your favourite uncle and having two high skilled trained assassins as part of your family. She grew up knowing that she had powers and she learnt from a young age how to control them.

She loved spending time with her dad, Steve Rogers or as the rest of the world knew him as, Captain America. Her mother always joked that the two were clones of each other from the way she acted. Elsa felt proud about the fact she was so much like her Dad, the whole world loved him after all. There was nothing that Elsa loved more than just spending the day with her Dad, never taking a second for granted since he came back in to her life.

That didn't mean she did love her Mum, Kimberly, as well. The two of them were well known for having snow fights in the middle of the Avengers Tower, which Tony was not a fan of. Not that they really cared, it was their dedicated level of the tower and they always clean up after, never leaving a trace of snow behind. Kimberly also always knew when her daughter was upset when she came home from school, without her even having to say a word. She would grab the car keys and take Elsa driving to a place far enough away that she wasn't reminded about the bullies and the two of them would always come home laughing.

Growing up Elsa understood that not everyone could do what she could and tried to use her powers as little as possible around people she didn't know. She didn't mind having to hide her powers from most people and it wasn't because her parents wanted her to either. Elsa just wanted to live a somewhat normal life. And if that meant not using her powers in public so that her family was safe, she would do it. She had already had her Dad missing for the first four and a half years of her life and she didn't want to lose anyone else ever again.

The other reason she didn't mind hiding her power was because she really didn't want to have to deal with any more Frozen jokes than she already did. When the movie came out when she was six, she loved the fact that there was a Disney Queen, not princess thank you very much, that she shared a name and magical powers with. But as she got older it became a constant teasing point from Cassy Stark, the daughter of Tony Stark. Don't get the wrong idea, she was good friends with Cassy but sometime the girl took a joke too far. Now whenever she hears the music for Let it go, she cringed instead of singing along. It was almost like the words mocked her these days.

There were two places she felt like she could be herself and not have to worry about people think. The first was the school where her mother taught, Xavier's School for Gifted Youngest. The kids there were just like her, a little bit different to other kids. Okay, they weren't part super soldier, part demigod but they did understand her. They had it worse off than she did. Elsa had two parents who adored her beyond reason and a lot of those kids had been dumped by their parents. She had actually begged to go to the school when she was old enough, but her parents said it wouldn't be fair. The teachers did consider her as part of the X-men family, so they would always have a soft spot for her. Which Elsa understood, but didn't mean she still didn't wish she could go there instead of a normal school.

The second place was where she was right at that moment, her family's farm in Tennessee. Her Gran always had a plate of warm, freshly baked cookies and a hug waiting for her. And her Pa, her mother's father, was always ready to go out horse riding with her. But what she loved about going to Tennessee most of all was the time she got to spend with her cousin, Danny. The two were more like twins than cousins, always finishing each other sentence and they always knew what the other was thinking. It was almost like magic. With Danny, she didn't have to pretend, she could just be the 11-year-old girl that she was and have fun. She didn't have to hide her powers or her love of all things Disney Princess and more recently, Star Wars as well. Danny actually shared her love of Star Wars. The two had watched the movies so many times they could recite all six movies, word by word.

The summer started off normal. It was the last summer before Elsa would start middle school and she intended to have the time of her life in Tennessee with her cousin. But two letters were about to completely changed not only their summer, but Elsa's and Danny's life for ever.