Chapter 149: The Last...

That night when everyone had gone to sleep, I crept out of bed, slipped my fluffy pink cat slippers on as well as my pink glasses and teleported to the top of the astronomy tower

That night when everyone had gone to sleep, I crept out of bed, slipped my fluffy pink cat slippers on as well as my pink glasses and teleported to the top of the astronomy tower. I just wanted to see it one last time before I left Hogwarts for the final time. As soon as I materialized on to the balcony, I conjured a giant bean bag to sit on and just stargazed.

"Hey, Luke, can you record all of this," I said to the AI that Cassy built into the glasses.

"Already done," Luke told me. "I figured that's what you want me to do, so I started recording as soon as we got here."

"Thanks, Luke. You're the best."

I sat there in the calming silence that was a night at Hogwarts, just watching the stars and waiting. I knew that Cedric would be along soon enough, I didn't know how I knew that he was going be there, I just did and I wasn't wrong. I only had to wait another ten minutes or so for Cedric to arrive but when he did, I looked up to see that just like me he was still dressed in his PJs and had brought a blanket with him.

Moving over on the bean bag, I let Cedric sit down next to me and wrap the blanket around both of us. So much had happened between us on the astronomy towers from birthdays and valentines' days to the very first serious fight that we ever had. But no matter if it was good or bad, every single moment on that we had spent on that Astronomy tower had helped us get to where we were in that moment. Still together and as strong as ever with nothing ever able come between us again.

"I can't believe that this is our last night here," Cedric said playing with my curls again like he did down by the lake, breaking the silence of the night.

"I know, I wish it would never end," I sighed as I cuddle into his side more. "As soon as we step off that train tomorrow, our whole world is going to change. It will be like stepping into the real world for the first time."

"This coming from the girl who helped saved the world when she was only fifteen," Cedric chuckled.

"I know but it always felt like there was a safety net, just waiting to catch me if I fell, if anything ever went wrong," I explained. "But now...Now it's gone and there's no going back. No going back to that little girl who believed that her dad would always win because he was the good guy and the good guys always won. No going back to that little girl whose patient mother would always read Beauty and the Beast to her for a bedtime story, even though she had read it every night for the past year. No going back to that little girl who used to play hide and seek with her cousin who was her best friend. And no going back to that little girl who would somehow always be able to talk her serious uncle into having a snowball fight with her in the middle of summer."

"Yes, but in place of that little girl is a brave young woman who now fights alongside her father to make the world a better place," Cedric told me. "A brave young woman who has grown to be just as patient and as caring as her mother. A brave young woman who was strong enough to be able to admit that she and her cousin had grown apart and was able to do the right thing by the both of them. And a brave young woman who I know could still talk her serious uncle in to having a snowball fight in the middle of summer with her. I