Chapter 24: A Kingdom of Isolation and it looks like I'm the Queen

Elsa's POV

Elsa's POV

By the time Friday rolled around, Cedric's mood only got worse. I had tried my hardest to talk to him but he kept shutting me down. He hadn't even spoken to me for the past few days. I never knew what a broken heart felt like until now. All I wanted to do was cry all the time and I hated it. The worst part was the way my powers were reactions to my moods, people were always talking about how the temperature kept in certain parts of the castle. My powers were getting stronger by the day and I had to be constantly in control and hide my emotions. It was the only way from me not to freeze the whole castle. Danny was furious with Cedric and was hardly speaking to him. It was the strangest thing; Cedric didn't seem to have any problem with any of our other friends. It was only me. So, when I saw that we had defense against the dark arts with Gryffindor I felt relieved. Cassy and I have had our ups and downs over the years but I knew she would always be there for me no matter what.

Pulling out my phone on the way to class, I sent her a text message asking if she would sit next to me. She replied immediately saying that of course she would sit next to me.

I sat in the back row, wanting to be as far away from Lockhart as possible. If his attitude from when he was in Florish and Blotts was anything to go by, I really didn't want to be close to him. I seriously wasn't in the mood for his fake smiles and over the top persona. I didn't even look up from my note book that I was absent mindedly drawing in my notebook until Cassy pulled out the seat next to me and sat down.

"Okay, Elsa. What's wrong?" she asked when she saw the look on my face. The fact that she actually used my name and not one of her stupid nicknames told me she was worried about me.

"I'll tell you after class," I told her as I saw Cedric walk into the class room and completely ignore me.

Cassy looked at Cedric and back at me, piecing together what was wrong and glaring at Cedric as he sat down at the front of the class. I just continued to looked down at my note book, not even looking up when Lockhart walked in the room.

"Let me introduce you to your new defense against the dark arts teacher... Me," Lockhart said, pausing after his announcement like he was expecting applause or something. "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, third class. Honorary member of the dark forces defense league and five times winner of Witch Weekly's most charming smile award. But I don't talk about that. I didn't rid the Brandon Banshee by smiling at her."

As I continued to look down at my notebook, I could feel Cassy raise her hand up to ask a question. Or knowing Cassy, to say something to him.

"Yes, Miss...," Lockhart said, looking through the class list to find what Cassy's name was.

"Stark, Professor. Cassy Stark. I just wanted to say that it's not really that much of an impressive list. I mean, my Dad Tony Stark, in the muggle world is a billionaire, playboy genius and philanthropist who has topped Forbes wealthiest people list as well as being a world recognised hero who fought an alien army and flew a nuclear bomb into a wormhole to another dimension essentially saving the whole world. On top of that he graduated MIT, which is one of the top universities, at the age of 17 and he was top of his class. And that's only a few things about him. And Elsa's Dad is a World War 2 hero who saved the world by sacrificing himself and ended up being frozen for over 50 years. He has also been awarded more bravery awards that I can count, took down a break off Nazi group that wanted to take over the world, fought alongside of my Dad to stop the alien army and he has topped people magazine's most beautiful people list as many times as my Dad has topped the Forbes list. Which is saying something considering he's technically in his 90's."