Chapter 55: Odin's sleep

Elsa's POV

Elsa's POV

We took Mum back to the newly built Avenger complex where Prof. Xavier was already waiting for us with Bobby by his side. Loki and Professor took Mum into the hospital bay with Dad close on their heels. I went to follow but someone pulled me back.

"Elsa, honey. Why don't you stay with me," Bobby said as I turned to face him.

"I couldn't do anything to help her," I cried as Bobby pulled me in to his chest to hug me.

"There was nothing you could do Elsa. But she's alive and that's all that matters right now," Bobby said as she stroked my hair out of my face.

"But I fixed Cedric, so why couldn't I do the same thing with my Mum," I asked, feeling helpless.

"I don't know, honey. There are just somethings that can't be explained," Bobby said, pulling me over to one of the couches to sit down.

I don't know how long I sat there curled up next to Bobby, crying and making it snow until I couldn't cry anymore. But at some point of time I heard a voice that I hadn't heard in so long and I was so glad that he was there.

Elsa, where are you? I'm here and I know you need me. I can feel it, Danny asked through our bond.

Second floor, outside the hospital bay. Please hurry, I told him as I looked up at the door and waited for my family to walk in.

Within a minute my whole family came running into the room with Danny leading them. Right behind him was Pa holding a crying Gran close to his side and behind them was Uncle David and Aunt Tammy who looked like they hadn't slept in weeks.

"I'll show you where they are," Bobby said, standing up and showing them into the hospital bay while Danny took his place next to me.

What happened? Danny asked through our bond as he held me close.

So, I told him everything that had happened from Thor arriving to Ultron attacking Mum in the church and everything in between. I couldn't help but cry even more when I told him how I had to say good bye to Cedric. By the time I finished telling him everything, it was dark outside. Then we just sat in silence, not knowing what else to say.

A few hours later Dad and everyone else came out of the hospital bay but Loki. I knew by the look on his face that Mum wasn't dead but it wasn't good either.

"Snowflake, do you want to come with me," he said holding the door open for me.

I nodded as I stood up and followed him into the room where mum was. When I walked in, Mum looked like she was just asleep but I knew there was more to it.

"She's in what I can only describe as an Odin sleep," Loki said as I sat down in the seat next to her and held her hand.

"So, she's going to wake up?" I asked him hopefully.