Chapter 147: Saying Goodbye

It was midafternoon by the time that Madam Pomfrey felt comfortable enough to let me out of the hospital wing

It was midafternoon by the time that Madam Pomfrey felt comfortable enough to let me out of the hospital wing. It didn't matter how many times I told her that I was Asgardian and healed quicker than most people, she wouldn't give in. When she told me that my mandatory observation time was up, I was up, dressed and running out for the hospital wing in record time.

I was going to head straight back to the common room, but changed my mind when I saw Harry sitting in the courtyard all by himself. He looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. He had come a long way in the five years that I had known him but he was the only one who couldn't see it.

"Penny for your thoughts," I said as I sat down next to him.

"Hey Elsa," Harry said in a sad voice as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"You know, it was on this very spot five years ago that I told you that I would be there for to the end of the line," I said as I wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "Of course, you were a lot smaller then, so it was a lot easier for us to sit like this."

"At least one of us has grown in the past five years," Harry said with a small laugh. "I'm going to miss you, Elsa. It won't be the same without you. You have been here for me from the very beginning and I don't know what I'm gonna do without you."

"I'm never not going to be here for you, Harry," I told him, wrapping my other arm around him so I could give him a proper hug. "I meant what I said all those years ago, I will be there for you to the end of the line, no matter what happens. Blood be damned, you are my brother and nothing is ever going to change that. I'll get you one of the Stark Tech phones that work in Hogwarts and that way I'll only ever be a call away."

"If only I could have given Sirius a phone, then maybe he would still be alive," Harry said as he started to cry on my shoulder.

"Harry, I'm going to ask you something that one of the bravest women that this world have ever known asked my dad during the war," I told Harry, making him look up at me with tear filled eyes that were only magnified by his glasses. "Did you believe in Sirius?"

"Of course, I did," Harry told me.

"Did you respect him?" I asked and Harry nodded to say yes. "Then stop blaming yourself. Allow Sirius the dignity of his choice. He damn well must have thought you were worth it."

"Thank, Elsa," Harry said as he took off his glasses and wiped away his tears. "By the way who said? She sounds like she was very wise."

"Agent Peggy Carter, my godmother," I told him proudly. "She is one of the most amazing women that this world will ever know and because she was a spy, no one even knows her name."

"Well, I know it know and I won't ever forget her name," Harry said. "But I do wish there was some why that I could say goodbye to Sirius. I mean, we can't even have a funeral for him."