Chapter 140: Quidditch finals and big little brothers

The final quidditch game of not only the year but the last game of our time at Hogwarts

The final quidditch game of not only the year but the last game of our time at Hogwarts. Since we had flattened Ravenclaw in our last match and Gryffindor had beat Slytherin, it was down to the two of us to play it out for the cup. It was nerve racking for sure but it was made a little easier knowing that Harry and the twins weren't playing. Going up against some of my closest friends in my last game at Hogwarts ever would have been bitter sweet. I would have loved to played against them one last time but at the same time it would have been hard if we ended up beating Gryffindor. I would have hated to see Fred and George so disappointed about losing their last game but then again, I also hated that the chance to play in what would have been the last game was taken from them.

Olaf wanted to watch our last game, so I had entrusted him to Zane because I knew that he would look after him. Especially when Olaf was in his miniature form and could end up so much trouble if he wandered off.

Feeling more than a little nostalgic, I headed down to the quidditch pitch early just so I could have a look around on last time. There were so many memories attached to the quidditch pitch and each and every one of them were running through my mind as I sat on the old wooden bench, running my hand over where Danny had carved all our names after our first game ever. I knew that not all the memories from quidditch were good, like the time Cho and Samantha had put a potion in my shampoo to turn my hair red, white and blue. But then there were other memories, good memories, that I would remember forever. Like winning the cup for the very first time and when I used my Asgardian powers to heal Cedric's ribs and somehow lifted the effects of Cho's infatuation potion which was the official start to our relationship, even if I did go into hiding for a week because of my stupid glowing hands.

"Lost in thought, love?" Cedric said, startling me and causing me to jump to my feet, immediately on the defense.

"Odin's beard! You scared me!" I told him once I calmed down. "You should know it's never a good idea to sneak up on me. But yes, I was a little."

"What were you thinking about?" Cedric asked, sitting down next to me on the bench.

"Everything that has ever happened within the pitch," I told him.

"A lot has happened on this pitch, hasn't it," Cedric said as he looked around the room. "Like when Loki let me watch Danny and you train for the first time."

"I had completely forgotten about that," I laughed. "Loki had made the whole pitch look like the Asgardian training grounds."

"I can't believe that this is the last game we are ever going to play," Cedric sighed.

"I know," Danny said, sniffling as he walked into the locker room with Hamish and Amanda.

"Are those tears I see in my tough, country cousins' eyes who never cries in public," I teased.

"I am no crying," Danny protested.

"Yeah, and we're not part Asgardian," I laughed. "Honestly, Danny. There is nothing wrong with crying in public."