Chapter 135: Valentines Day at the Three Broomsticks

Once again, the year seemed to be moving at lightspeed because the next thing I knew it was February and the NEWTs were getting closer with each passing day

Once again, the year seemed to be moving at lightspeed because the next thing I knew it was February and the NEWTs were getting closer with each passing day. On top of that the quidditch finals were fast approaching and Loki had become more determined than ever to teach more Asgardian magic. So, saying that I was just a little busy was the understatement of the year. It was also why a treasured the few blissful moments where I had absolutely nothing to do.

"We're going in Hogsmeade this weekend, right love?" Cedric asked me during one of our free periods that we were spending outside by the lake.

I was laying on the ground, using my backpack as a pillow watching Olaf have fun in the last bits of snow that clung to the ground, not caring that my uniform was getting wet from the snow because I knew I could dry it off in a second when I stood off. Besides, it wasn't like the cold actually affected me in anyway. Cedric, who did not have my immunity to the cold, was sitting on one of the large rocks that were near edge of the lake and was using my robe as blanket which he had placed over his lap.

"I guess so, why?" I asked as I closed my eyes and turned my face towards the sun.

"Have you seriously forgotten what this weekend is?" Cedric asked and even with my eyes closed I could see the smile on his face that he always had when I had forgotten something that was blatantly obvious.

"Please, with everything that is happening I'm surprised I even know what my name is," I laughed.

"It's Valentine's Day and we always go into Hogsmeade," Cedric reminded me, which made me remember something else that I had forgotten.

"Oh dritt*! Mum's birthday!" I said as I bolted up right, trying to remember where I put the present, I had bought her over the Christmas break. "I completely forgot!"

"Good thing I didn't," Cedric laughed. "Her gift is wrapped and on its way to New York as we speak. I knew how stressed you were about everything, so I got Amanda to get it out of your trunk so I could post it for you."

"You are amazing, Ced," I said as I stood up and walked over to him. "And I love you so much and I don't know what I would do without you."

I leant down and kissed him on the cheek as Olaf waddled his way up to us, holding Freddie in his hand as he babbled away to the bowtruckle about anything and everything all at once. Small things made Olaf happy and there was nothing better than watching him have fun. There was an innocence to him that made you feel like things would always be okay when you were around him and I would be forever grateful to Amanda for making me show off my powers that day, otherwise I would never have made him.

"Freddie said he is getting cold and wants to go back into your pocket," Olaf informed is as he held the bowtruckle out to me.

"Freddie, I don't have my robes on at the moment so you will have to settle for Cedric's pocket," I told the little bowtruckle who started to pout the second I handed him over to Cedric.