Chapter 21: Who the hell is Gideroy Lockhart?

Summer past relatively uneventfully, the only thing that was worrying me was that Harry hadn't replied to any of my letters

Summer past relatively uneventfully, the only thing that was worrying me was that Harry hadn't replied to any of my letters. I was concerned that his aunt and uncle has locked him up and weren't allowing him to contact anyone. But Fred and George wrote me a letter telling me not to worry, that they had a plan to get Harry. I hated to think what they had planned, but I trusted them to get Harry out safely. Well, relatively safely.

Like clockwork, two owls dropped Cassy and my Hogwarts letters off in the tower. I don't know how but the owls were always drawn to Tony and always dropped the letters either in his morning coffee or on the top of his head. This year they dropped them right on top of his toast and like always he was unimpressed.

"Rock of Ages! Get down here right now!"

Cassy and I tried not laugh at Tony's reaction knowing that it would only aggravate him further. But when Loki appeared out of thin air behind him, causing Tony to fall off the stool he was sitting on neither Cassy or I could control ourselves.

"What is it now, Stark? I'm a busy man. I'm planning all my lessons for the year," Loki drawled, completely uninterested in what ever Tony had to say.

"Can you please tell Gandalf to deliver mail like a normal person. I am sick of finding owl droppings all over the lab."

"I am terribly sorry to disappoint you, Stark. But I cant do that, it's just part of the daily life of Hogwarts I'm afraid," Loki told him, the smirk prominent on his face.

"Well, change it Reindeer Games," Tony threatened him, but Loki was already gone and the only thing you could hear was the echo of his laugh ringing out through the tower.

"One of these days, I'm going to get him," Tony muttered, throwing his toast into the bin.

"Stop pouting Dad, your just angry that Loki is funnier than you will ever be," Cassy said as we opened up our letters.

"Cassandra Stark! You take that back right now!"

"Nope, not gonna happen!"

"Tony, stop yelling. I can hear you all the way down in the gym!" Dad laughed, walking into the kitchen.

I was vaguely aware of Tony telling my dad an over exaggerated version of the owls dropping the letters on this breakfast, but I was more focused on the book list for the year and wondering who the hell the guy was who had seemed to have written most of the books. I reread the list wondering if they were some kind of fictional books or something, I mean the names of them were just pathetic;