Chapter 62: Love, hate and quidditch

"Have you talked to Maggie yet, Spangles? I want to know what the hell her problem is," Cassy asked as we walked into potions class a few days after Halloween

"Not yet. I'm going to ask her later" I said, sitting down at out desk as we were paired up as potion's partners for the year.

"Ask us what?" George said sitting down in front of us as he waited for Cedric who was his partner.

"Yeah, we wanna know," Fred said, sitting down next to Lee behind us.

"I said I was going to talk to Maggie later. Not you two," I laughed.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you say Rogers," George said.

"We know you want to be part of our next amazing prank," Fred added, making me laugh more.

"Yeah, because I totally want to end up in detention like you lot did after you made Snape's hair pink," I said as I rolled my eyes.

Seconds after everyone took their seats, Professor Snape came swooping into the classroom like he was waiting for all of us so he could make a dramatic entrance. And knowing Professor Snape, he probably was. But I kept my opinions to myself because for some strange reason Professor Snape actually seemed to like me. Which was odd considering how much he and Loki hated each other.

"As much as it pains me, today I will be teaching you how to make Amortentia which is better known as love potion," Professor Snape sneered as I watch Cedric flinch.

Amortentia brought up some unhappy memories for both of us from the year before. It may have not have been a love potion that Cho used on Cedric, but it might as well be. And it was that stupid potion that nearly tore us apart which something neither of us wanted to remember.

When Professor Snape wasn't looking, I reached over the table and grabbed Cedric's hand just to let him know I was there if he needed me. I knew he couldn't turn around without getting caught by Professor Snape, but I couldn't stop the smile from appearing on my face as he squeezed my hand.

When Snape told the class to collect their ingredients, Cassy gave me a look to say that she would get the ingredients while I checked on Cedric.

"Hey, Ced. Are you going to be okay with this," I asked him quietly as I pulled him over to the side of the room.

"Yeah, I will. It wasn't the exact potion Cho used on me anyway. Besides, I know who the person I love is so it won't be a surprise when the potion is finished," Cedric smiled, as he brushed my hair out of my face.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. We get it, love birds. You too are in love. Now can I have my potions partner back," Cassy demanded as she pulled me back to our table.

"Have you got everything," I asked her when we got back to our table and I started to look over the ingredients list.

"Yep, pretty sure," she answered, looking over the ingredients on the table.