Chapter 16: TROLL! IN THE DUNGEONS! Thought you ought to know.

Halloween at Hogwarts was always a fun time

Halloween at Hogwarts was always a fun time. The great hall was decorated with floating pumpkins and conjured bat flew around the roof. But I had to admit that there was one thing missing...

"Why don't you guys ever have costume parties for Halloween or even trick or treating or something," Cassy said as we walked through the courtyard with the Cedric and the twins.

"I don't know, but I wouldn't mind having a costume party one year," Fred said, clearly thinking about all the mischief the George and him could get up to.

"Yeah! Can you imagine how many kids would dress up as Snape. I mean the costumes are meant to be scary, right?" George said, making us all laugh.

"I don't think he would be too happy about that," Cedric commented as we walked in to the entry hall.

"I can just see his face now...ooow," I said, immediately slipping as I walked on the stone floor.

Thankfully Cedric's seeker instincts kicked in and grabbed me before I hit the floor. Looking around I saw that the entire floor was flooded and Peeves was floating above the staircase throwing water balloons at everyone.

"Happy Halloweenie," he yelled out as he continued to chuck the water balloons at everyone.

"This isn't going to end well," I said, eyeing the poltergeist who was cackling away in the corner he was hovering in.

"PEEVES! What is the meaning of this," Loki hollered at him, walking in and noticing that I had almost slipped over in the mess that the poltergeist had made.

"Halloween is the meaning. There isn't any treats so I'm giving everyone tricks. I thought YOU of all people would like a little trickery on this day of all days," Peeves said, aiming another balloon at a Ravenclaw first year.

"Not when it puts students at risk Peeves. Stop what you are doing this instant," Loki demanded, striding over to Peeves and slipping on the wet floors.

I quickly ran to steady my uncle, freezing the water discreetly under my feet so I wouldn't slip again. When I grabbed his arm, Loki smiled down at me and briefly squeezed my hand to say thank you before turning to face the poltergeist who was now laughing at him.

"If you do not stop this instant Peeves, I will call the Bloody Barron and then HE can deal with you."

"Oh, you wouldn't do that to lil' ole me now, would you?"

"Don't test me Peeves, you will not like what will happen if you choose to do so," Loki warned him in a voice so cold I'm surprised that the whole entry hall didn't freeze over.

Noticing how deadly serious Loki was, Peeve disappeared with a loud pop. Leaving a room full of half drenched students and a very angry care taker who was cursing everyone and everything under his breath.

"Are you ok Professor?" I asked Loki, trying to keep a straight face while using his formal title.

"I am, thank you for asking Miss Rogers. Now you and your friends should head off to your next class. Wouldn't want to be late now, would we?" Loki said a small smirk on his face.