Chapter 90: New Powers and Newspapers

The party in the Hufflepuff common room pretty much went all night and Professor Sprout didn't stop it at all

The party in the Hufflepuff common room pretty much went all night and Professor Sprout didn't stop it at all. It turned out that the egg held a clue to the second task and of course everybody wanted Cedric to open it which everyone regretted immediately. An unbearable scream started as soon as he opened it. So, both Cedric and I had been spending the past week in the library trying to figure out the clue but we were having no luck.

"Unless you have to fight a banshee, I have no idea what the hell that clue is meant to be," I said as I closed the book in front of me.

"That all I can come up with as well. Maybe we should take a break for a bit," he said, rubbing my back as I rested my head on the table in front of us.

"Yeah, you're probably right. I think I have read the same line like a hundred times," I sighed.

As Cedric and I started to put the books that we had been reading away, I noticed Viktor sitting alone in the corner reading a book. Or should I say he was trying to read a book, it seemed as if every few seconds he kept glancing up at something or more to the point, someone. I followed his gaze and found he was staring at Hermione who was studying alone.

"Hey, Ced. Come and have a look at who Viktor can't take his eyes off," I whispered to Cedric.

"Is that Hermione?" he asked as I nodded. "Ron is not going to be happy about this."

"Well, if Ron can't get off his butt and tell her how he feels something like this was bound to happen one day," I pointed out.

"He's going to have a fit and blame everyone but himself if anything happens," Cedric laughed.

"Yeah, but he won't see it that way," I said as I looked at the time on one of the clocks in the library. "Damn, I'm meant to have another training session with Loki and Danny in ten minutes. I'll see you later at dinner."

I quickly grabbed my bag and gave Cedric a quick kiss before basically running out of the library so I could get to Loki's classroom quickly, making Madam Pince glare at me. But I really didn't care, there was no way that I was going to be late for the lesson. Loki was teaching me something new and I couldn't wait to find out what it was.

 Loki was teaching me something new and I couldn't wait to find out what it was