Chapter 26: Unexpected Events and Visitors

"Do you really have to go?" I asked Loki siting on his desk in is private room

"Do you really have to go?" I asked Loki siting on his desk in is private room. He had got a message from Heimdall saying that Odin was summoning him back to Asgard a few days earlier. Mum had got the message as well but neither knew what was going on and I was worried about them.

"Yes, Elsa. I really have to go. If Odin has summoned both me and your mother it must be serious," he replied as he used his magic to pack his bag.

"But you're going to miss our first quidditch match against Ravenclaw," Danny complained, sitting on the couch.

"Don't worry, I'll have Heimdall watch so he can give me a play by play," Loki tried to reassure him.

"Nice try, Loki. But the convergence is coming to a peak soon meaning Heimdall won't be able to see into the nine realms temporarily," I laughed.

"Don't worry, I'll find a way to see it," Loki laughed as Danny looked horrified at the thought that Loki wouldn't be able to watch our game.

"Who's going to be taking your place while you're gone?" I asked Loki.

"Don't worry, I have found the perfect replacement. While they may not specialize in ancient runes, they are intelligent enough to be able to teach the subject and are used to dealing with large amounts of stress without losing control. They are actually an expert, you could say, in not losing control. I've spoken to Professor Dumbledore and we have both made it possible for them to teach here temporarily."

"Who is it? Do we know them?" I asked, confused about who he could have found at such a short notice.

"You'll find out soon enough," he laughed.

"Do you hear that?" Danny asked as we heard a commotion in the outside hall.

"I do. I am going to see what is happening," Loki told us worriedly and sighing as we got up to follow him. "If the two of you are coming as well, stay behind me. I have a terrible feeling that something horrible has just happened."

Loki quickly brought up his glamour as we made our way out of his rooms to see what was going on. His hurried pace told us the thought something serious had happened, making me look at Danny concerned about what had happened.

 His hurried pace told us the thought something serious had happened, making me look at Danny concerned about what had happened