Chapter 70: The madness of a full moon

The man kneeled on the floor as her nervously bit his finger nails, allowing be to get a better look at him

The man kneeled on the floor as her nervously bit his finger nails, allowing be to get a better look at him. His eyes were small and watery, his hair was thinning, he looked like he hadn't showered in years and he was missing part of his index finger on his left hand.

"S... Sirius. R... Remus. My old friends," the Peter said, twitching nervously.

Neither Sirius nor Professor Lupin answered him as they glared down at him. Peter's watery eye dart towards the door that leads out of the room and tries to make a run for it but is stopped by Sirius who shoves him to the ground. Once again, his eyes dart around the room before settling on Harry.

"Harry! Look at you! Y... you look just like your father. Like James. We were the best of friends, he and I..." Peter began to say but was interrupted by Sirius.

"Shut up!"

"I didn't mean to!" Peter pleaded, making me snort from holding back a bitter laugh. "The Dark Lord, you have no idea the weapons he possesses! Ask yourself what you would have done, Sirius. What would you have done!"

I couldn't stop the sneer that appeared on my face. The man was pathetic, he had a choice. We all have a choice. Wanda and Pietro were on the wrong side but made the right choice in the end. Pietro even sacrificed himself for Clint in the end. Peter had a choice; he just made the wrong one.

"Died!" Sirius roared at him. "Died rather than betrayed my friends! And you should have realised, Peter, if Voldemort didn't kill you..."

"We would," Professor Lupin finished for him.

"No... please...you can't...," Peter pleaded as his eyes darted around, looking for someone to help him. "Ron! Haven't I been a good friend? A good pet? You won't let them kill me, will you? I was your rat..."

Ron backed away from the man in disgust as he tried to grab hold of his hand as he pleaded for his life. Realising that he was fighting a losing battle with Ron, he turned to Hermione.

"Sweet girl. Clever girl. Surely you won't let them..." Peter continues to pleaded but stopped as Hermione shook her head.

Finally, his eyes fell on me. Unlike the pleading look he had with Ron and Hermione, this time Peter had a small look of fear mixed in. He knew what I was and what I was capable of and was clearly weighing up his options to see if he should ask for my help.

"Please, I throw myself on the mercy of Asgard. Your people are wise and fair, you wouldn't let them kill me without a proper trial," he pleaded with me.

"I don't know how you knew I was part Asgardian, but you are very wrong," I snapped at him, vaguely aware of the shocked look on Ron's face at my confession. "We are wise and fair, but we are also strong and believe in justice. In the name of the All Father, I deny the mercy you so desperately wish for. You don't turn your friends over to a killer, you defend them to your last breath, you pathetic little man."